TT Website Forum
STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+--- Thread: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW (/showthread.php?tid=19812)

Pages: 1 2

STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Tuono - 01-06-2015

Steampacket have been taking bookings all night for 2016 via their website. There are going to be some very p....d off people tomorrow when they find out all the best sailings have already gone!!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - captainsparkledotcom - 01-06-2015

I knew something was afoot before I went to bed, I tried (like you do, specially as in the past Steam packet have let people book earlier!) and it kept saying the booking system was busy.
So I couldn't resist trying just now, got through, but the sailings we wanted had sold out!!!

Good luck folks!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Revvin rich - 01-06-2015

Just read your thread and booked up for next year, but I must say the steam packet have gone about it all wrong again and yes there are going to be a lot of annoyed people this morning why say one thing and do another.

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Hillpiece - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 07:24 AM)Revvin rich Wrote: Just read your thread and booked up for next year, but I must say the steam packet have gone about it all wrong again and yes there are going to be a lot of annoyed people this morning why say one thing and do another.

Yes I tried last night website busy. I tried this morning 6.30 still busy but
I kept trying and got through and got the sailings I wanted.
 A very happy chappy. Better than hanging on the end of a phone
for hours on end like the last couple of years.
 Now looking forward to a great week when we get there this Friday morning.
 Have a great time everybody.

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - JAT - 01-06-2015

Wonderful!! We come over with the bikes in the van, we cannot book the van via the website it has to be over the phone. I am just getting ready to phone, not happy about this at all!! JAT

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Ken37.73 - 01-06-2015

There is a queue in the ferry terminal out the door and down the footpath outside - man at the front says he's been standing there since 6. Whole thing is a joke. Again.

Now the poxy phone line keeps crashing!!! Shambles as usual, getting fed up with this every year. Wasn't like this when we
were supporting the TT in the lean years, nice to see the core customers are being looked after!! Will everyone get off the damn phones and let me book PLEASE!! AAARGGHHH!!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - HammerHead - 01-06-2015

Wish I'd have seen this then!

Website busy, Can't get through on the phone!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Evilkinevil-15 - 01-06-2015

booked yesterday, sailings we wanted, well pleased.

good luck if yor trying to booked today folks

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Yamanx - 01-06-2015

A bit stressful, but sorted here. Web site was a waste of time, said times were sold out, then they were'nt then they were again etc. Kept timing out.

Using three iphones on continual call back until one of them got through (Over 600 pushes of the call back button across the three phones) Waited around twenty minutes on hold, then finally get through and get the exact sailings I wanted. Perfect! Smile

Did you use the 0872 number?

Been redialling since 8.20 and not got through yet.

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Yamanx - 01-06-2015

Yes 0872 992 992, just keep hitting re-dial, better if you've got a few phones.

I'm a man - struggling to multitask redialling and trying the website!

Still trying, constant call back for over an hour!! What they should do is let people who will pay for next year in full, non refundable, book early. Something has to change with this system. Thing is, if I don't go someone else will therefore they are not concerned about people getting annoyed.

I'm now in the queue. Took just over an hour of constant redialling, the last 20 mins with 2 phones. Lets hope nothing goes wrong until they answer.

I'd happily pay in full now if it helped make it easier!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - rubyhorse - 01-06-2015

we've decided to skip next year as she wants a 'real' holiday as she puts it haha.

Doesnt sound like the SP have done a very good job here, whats with the early bookings opening up without informing people then?

Hammerhead, I think you are crashing the phone line by pressing redial, if you just stop for a while it might help!!!! I will stop if you do!!!!!!

HAMMERHEAD, HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH!!!!!!

RE: STEAMPACKET website taking bookings NOW - Blademan - 01-06-2015

Just booked next years trip for 3 of us, been on lap-top, mobile and land line since 08.00am The website can't cope with demand, phone line constantly engaged, finally got through on mobile at 08.40 and kept on hold till 09.10, ......... It's not easy, in fact it"s quite stressful not knowing how long It will take to get through or if you'll get the dates/times you would prefer. (thinking back, it took 7hrs before I got through last year)

Not sure what they can do about it but it's certainly not ideal......... so, what is the solution guys? What system would best suit everyone fairly?

Maybe they could have a separate number for those who will pay in full when booking?

JAT - I'm not through yet, still queuing! Better than you I guess but not counting my chickens. 23 minutes and counting.....