TT Website Forum
Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTwebsite Classified Ads (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Miscellaneous For Sale (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop (/showthread.php?tid=23976)

Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - Malcolm - 25-02-2017

[Image: itsinmybloodcover.jpg]
Hardcover - £13:60 (228 pages)
Kindle – £5.58

This title will be released on May 4, 2017.

Pre-order Price Guarantee: 

Order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, 
you'll be charged the lowest price.

Michael Dunlop is quite simply the greatest road racer on the planet. Brother of the terrific rider William, son of the late Robert and nephew of the late great Joey Dunlop; racing is in his blood. Now for the first time he has agreed to talk in depth about his family story, how he got involved in 'the family business' and how he manages to keep getting back on his bike despite all he knows of the deadly risks he encounters every time he crosses the start line.

The death of his uncle during a competition in Estonia in 2000 was followed just eight years later by the death of his father at the North West 200. But despite these tragic losses Michael was undeterred and in 2008, months after his father's death, he went on to compete in the Senior TT, where he recorded the fastest lap and finished 10th overall. The next year Michael returned and won the event, joining both his father and uncle in the record books.

With thirteen TT wins to his name Michael is a phenomenal competitor, and in this sensational autobiography he reveals the highs and lows of racing, what it was like growing up part of a motorcycle dynasty and how that made him the incredible racing driver he is today.

Book Description

Michael Dunlop has a reputation for being 'the wild man' of TT - often mercurial and outright dangerous. An aggressive and tenacious competitor, Michael's sporting career to date is incredible, but Road Racer goes beyond racing, taking the reader on an even more emotional human journey.

About the Author

Michael Dunlop is a Northern Irish professional motorcycle racer and part of a motorcycle racing dynasty. He is the brother of William, son of the late Robert and nephew of former World Champion, the late Joey Dunlop. He made his TT debut in 2007 and is now the current solo-machine lap record holder for the Snaefell Mountain Course. Regarded as one of the most controversial and tenacious competitors in motorcycle racing, Dunlop's aggressive style and pugnacious attitude have led to confrontation with organizers, race teams and his fellow competitors.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - HammerHead - 13-04-2017

I pre-ordered this when I first heard about it. Was surprised and pleased to see it appear this morning. Just in time for the bank holiday weekend.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - scaramanga - 13-04-2017

i also recived mine today

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - HammerHead - 17-04-2017

Read about three quarters of it already. Absolutely cracking read.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - JAT - 19-04-2017

I wanted to wait until I was on the Island to buy this, just in case Michael was doing a book signing. I couldn't wait and I must say it is a superb read, Michael can be sullen at times but you realise the boy has been through a lot considering his age.
In the book you get to know him a bit better and he has a cracking sense of humour, I was disappointed with Hutchy's book but this is a book I struggle to put down. What a story the Dunlop family have to tell.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - HammerHead - 20-04-2017

I have to agreed JAT.

Whilst no-one can do anything but respect his ability on a bike I have always found it difficult to warm to him from press conferences and interviews. Reading his book has changed my view of him - he reveals his thought processes, his personality and shows humour and self depreciation whilst retaining the self confidence in his ability to perform. The hardship he and his family have been through is incredible, but their love and support for one another shines through.

Top bloke and, as I said before, a brilliant read.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - cookie77 - 20-04-2017

Looks like i'll have to get this one then aswell!

I found Hutchy's book really hard going, There just wasn't anything in it that we didn't already know.
His story is astonishing in itself, and he can never be knocked for what he's achieved and come back from, It was still pretty dull and one dimensional.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - AntG - 24-04-2017

I thought it was a very good book as well, loved his stories of Gary Ryan, I had a few words with Michael at last years Manx Grand Prix, seemed a really good fella, looks more like a boxer than a motorcycle racer though. Now looking forward to Johns book.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - eman1948 - 24-04-2017

Just finished reading it, I like MD but he`s gone up in my estimation even further, no airs and graces and readily admits to his misgivings.
He deserves whatever he gets and hope the book does well.

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - civ - 17-05-2017

Really interesting book, but the MD character in it seems to spend a lot more time looking in the mirrors or at the speedo on his race bike than I imagine he did in reality  Icon_lol

RE: Road Racer: It's in My Blood by Michael Dunlop - r1nutter - 09-06-2020

(17-05-2017, 01:48 PM)civ Wrote: Really interesting book, but the MD character in it seems to spend a lot more time looking in the mirrors or at the speedo on his race bike than I imagine he did in reality  Icon_lol

mirrors..speedo...on his race bike.....haha.....