TT Website Forum
photo i.d. needed on ferries - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Previous Yearly Reports (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=254)
+--- Forum: Previous TT's (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=255)
+---- Forum: TT2017 (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+----- Forum: Information, Press Releases etc and your comments (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+----- Thread: photo i.d. needed on ferries (/showthread.php?tid=24698)

photo i.d. needed on ferries - iomfireblade - 24-05-2017

the iomspco now require photo i.d. to travel on their sailings to here . heads up to you all

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - c iom tt - 24-05-2017

Where did you read that?
Only last week they said it would be difficult to enforce.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - iomfireblade - 24-05-2017

its on steam packet web site plus, on all media do to what happened sadly at Manchester. threat level has been increased

Just been on the website and there is no mention off it?

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - iomfireblade - 24-05-2017

on there facebook site ,manx radio etc etc. hope this helps

Just found it on facebook ( a lot of good that's going to be for a lot of people)
It is the Police who have requested it, and is not a Steam Packet requirement. At the moment it is Heysham only, but the SP are advising all passengers carry photo ID in case the Police ask for it.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - Andy from Kazakhstan - 24-05-2017

I know not everyone will agree but I think it's time we all carried identity cards, if you have nothing to hide, no problem.

Tin hat on!.

The problem is that the law is for law abiding people.
The kind of people that they are trying to keep off the boats in this instance will have false Id, and the resorces to get them.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - Malcolm - 24-05-2017

I posted this information in the General Discussion Section at approximately 18:00 hrs today.

http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=24696

Perhaps should have been in this section

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - scaramanga - 24-05-2017

(24-05-2017, 08:42 PM)iomfireblade Wrote: the iomspco now require photo i.d. to travel on their sailings to here . heads up to you all

really
thats me not allowed back on the isle of man then as i dont have a passport or a photo driving license
ive still got the old paper license
shows how long ive been a good boy with no convictions

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - captainsparkledotcom - 25-05-2017

Luckily I renewed my passport last year (though I've no intention of going abroad) because I still have a paper licence too!

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - Sam Pato - 25-05-2017

(24-05-2017, 10:11 PM)Gscaramanga Wrote: really
thats me not allowed back on the isle of man then as i dont have a passport or a photo driving license
ive still got the old paper license
shows how long ive been a good boy with no convictions

Student union card?

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - Timmy594 - 26-05-2017

You would have thought that the ID info would be a little more publicised. I wouldn't go on facebook for a gold pig so it's lucky it's on here. What about what I would imagine is the large majority of travellers that won't have a clue till they get to the port. No wonder the taliban can get away with what they do with the organization we have here.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - TTNeb - 26-05-2017

It's also been on Twitter, BBC text and various IOM sites.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - iomfireblade - 26-05-2017

from what I can gather its only heysham, nuclear power station alongside, which is be guarded by the armed forces.

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - scaramanga - 26-05-2017

ive emailed steam packet and they say its not them
its the police outside so
i guess its to do with the power station
i can remember years ago going for ferry and there was armed officers/army asking to see ferry tickets

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - scaramanga - 26-05-2017

(25-05-2017, 10:02 AM)Sam Pato Wrote: Student union card?

long time since i was a student ha ha
youll be surprised at how many like me have no photo id

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - Timmy594 - 27-05-2017

I don't do Twitter, certainly don't do the not manipulated or biased BBC. This is only IOM site I go on unless it's on the old iomtt.com. Must be just old and ill-informed. It really ought to be highlighted on the front page of the rackets site. Just got back from the font of all knowledge (pub) with 8 lads that are coming over and no-one has looked on the latest sailings link. If you don't know it's there why would you look for it...

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - captainsparkledotcom - 27-05-2017

(26-05-2017, 09:49 PM)scaramanga Wrote: ive emailed steam packet and they say its not them
its the police outside so
i guess its to do with the power station
i can remember years ago going for ferry and there was armed officers/army asking to see ferry tickets

Just talking to a lad that works at the power station yesterday & he was telling me that a squad of Ghurkas have been drafted in to do the security, big knives and all!
So best not forget your I.D, then!

RE: photo i.d. needed on ferries - scaramanga - 27-05-2017

(27-05-2017, 01:00 AM)Timmy594 Wrote: I don't do Twitter, certainly don't do the not manipulated or biased BBC. This is only IOM site I go on unless it's on the old iomtt.com. Must be just old and ill-informed. It really ought to be highlighted on the front page of the rackets site. Just got back from the font of all knowledge  (pub) with 8 lads that are coming over and no-one has looked on the latest sailings link. If you don't know it's there why would you look for it...

to be fair to the steam packet its not them
its outside on the road before you get there so really its down to the security off the power station