TT Website Forum
Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Previous Yearly Reports (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=254)
+--- Forum: Previous TT's (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=255)
+---- Forum: TT2017 (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+----- Forum: Information, Press Releases etc and your comments (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+----- Thread: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT (/showthread.php?tid=24867)

Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Enral - 09-06-2017

Confirmed Guy not in senior TT . Click below for full statement : -

http://www.hondaproracing.com/road-racing/honda-racing-isle-of-man-senior-tt-statement/

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - veefour - 09-06-2017

Most sensible decision he could make in the circumstances, good luck on the Lecky bike Guy.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Sussex Ninja Gal' - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 12:10 PM)veefour Wrote: Most sensible decision he could make in the circumstances, good luck on the Lecky bike Guy.

Indeed. Icon_wink

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Smokin Haddock Racing - 09-06-2017

Did you just here him interviewed after the TT Zero? Hilarious! He was trying trying to find the word that describes when you are not allowed to tell the truth, and that Twelvetrees is too nice for this job.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Enral - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 12:45 PM)Smokin Haddock Racing Wrote: Did you just here him interviewed after the TT Zero?  Hilarious!  He was trying trying to find the word that describes when you are not allowed to tell the truth, and that Twelvetrees is too nice for this job.

Great interview ! Good to hear him back to his old self !

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - RedlineRick - 09-06-2017

Yea Guy's interview, we got a say'in here in the South of the USA "That boy ain't right!"

Icon_biggrin

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - veefour - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 12:45 PM)Smokin Haddock Racing Wrote: Did you just here him interviewed after the TT Zero?  Hilarious!  He was trying trying to find the word that describes when you are not allowed to tell the truth, and that Twelvetrees is too nice for this job.

Could it have been Diplomatic Icon_wink !!

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Sussex Ninja Gal' - 09-06-2017

I heard it & nearly spat my tea out when he did his trademark "What's that word...there's a word for it..?" routine. Icon_lol

It's great to hear he's back to his old self after the recent trials & tribulations. Here's hoping the Honda peeps get that SP-2 sorted for The Southern - especially since I'll be there! 'Can't wait. Party2

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - KypDurron - 10-06-2017

I think this shows that Guy always had his head in the right place this TT. I know in the other thread there were people talking that Guy perhaps should not be on the course, which I think is a bit of rubbish. He knew where he was, he realised he hadn't got the track time and the bike, and he made a decision that was right, but that a lot of riders wouldn't have felt comfortable telling their team.

I hope that he is allowed to keep his spot on the team next year, as I expect with a year of work under it, the 2017 Fireblade will be quite a good show. I hope that Honda realises this wasn't Guy's fault, and that the bike almost cost us McPint and Martin in the same month.

It was the right decision, Guy. Well done sir.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - DBD 34 - 10-06-2017

Honda will no doubt get the job sorted, they then need to find the right riders for it. John is at the crossroads in his career where I think unfortunately he is out dated with the current technology. And GM was just a publicity stunt that nearly bit Honda on the bottom.
Hopefully John should retire now, don't really care what GM does but hopefully he will admit that his TT days are over.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Sussex Ninja Gal' - 12-06-2017

I think you're being extremely harsh on John & Guy in light of the various problems they have endured with the SP-2. If riders of their experience and talent fell fowl to inherent technical gremlins with the bike, I can't think that any potential replacements would have fared any better. It could well be that both JM & GM decide to call it a day after being spat off unceremoniously, but I've no doubt they would like to have been given a proper opportunity to show what they could do at the TT. I can only hope that whoever rides the new 'Blade in future can do so without suffering similar unforced & near-catastrophic mechanical/electrical issues.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - BenjiesDad - 12-06-2017

And nothing has been mentioned about both Bruce and Conor pulling out of the Superstock race on the road going version, at the end of the first lap,
All be it run by a different team,
The riders must have had the final call on if they were happy with the new bike, Which is the way it should be,

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - Sussex Ninja Gal' - 12-06-2017

Cheers for that BD - as I had no idea that Padgets were running the SP-2 in the Superstock. I can't say I'm surprised their guys decided one lap was enough for 'em on race day!

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - eman1948 - 21-06-2017

The Fireblade has been old hat for the last 4-5 years and Honda seemed to think their riders  lives were of little consequence having them ride such a known dangerous bike.
Honda need to fire the Management, Designers and Technicians and get a complete new team in and go back to the drawing board. 
BMW, Kawasaki and now Suzuki have left them well in their wake.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - c iom tt - 22-06-2017

This years FireBlade is brand new, not old hat.

RE: Guy Martin withdraws from Senior TT - eman1948 - 22-06-2017

Isn`t It Confused Question Question