TT Website Forum
Well Done Manx Radio - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Well Done Manx Radio (/showthread.php?tid=29315)

Well Done Manx Radio - bsa499 - 13-06-2020

I've really enjoyed the re-runs of past TT Races over the last week. It's not quite what we all wanted but nevertheless well done Manx Radio! Roll on 2021.

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - HammerHead - 14-06-2020

Agreed, the commentaries were great. Playing them from half an hour before the start really helped set the "atmosphere" for the races.

I'm sure Manx Radio would make a fortune if they made them available for download, even at a quid or so per race.

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - boon345 - 14-06-2020

agree they were great took me right back ,some of the old adverts made me smile

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - HammerHead - 14-06-2020

The old adverts were interesting. Being a relative newcomer the old voices didn't have the same impact on me as I'm sure they did on many but hearing the more modern ones made me miss this years TT more than I expected. I've been watching the TT lock in on YouTube which have been great too, but the radio commentaries are so much more evocative of spending time on the Island.

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - Revvin rich - 14-06-2020

I thought they have done a great job to keep us TT enthusiast's entertained listening to Tommy Robb at Ballacraine and Geoff Cannell at Ballaugh Bridge brought back some old memories and yes the old adverts does anyone remember the Kenny Everett Sid Snot one brilliant, well here's to next years TT fingers crossed.

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - captainsparkledotcom - 14-06-2020

Yes, thanks Manx Radio, that brought back memories!
As I'm typing I'm wondering, did they announce who will be running "Radio TT" in the future?
Obviously it should be Manx Radio (in my opinion!)

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - sticky - 14-06-2020

In case anyone missed any someone has been posting them on You Tube. Do a search for Manx Radio TT Commentary. I also found a couple of commentaries that Manx Radio themselves posted a year or two back - The 2000 125/Singles TT and the 1988 Manx GP Newcomers race. The latter notable for 2 things - the debut of Phil McCallen and Roy Moore commentating from the Bungalow and only saying "certainly" once and in correct context!

I don't know what's involved in posting to You Tube but perhaps this is something Manx Radio could do with the rest of the broadcasts. Surely they could get it monetised and invite donations through platforms like Patreon?

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - AntG - 14-06-2020

I thought it was fantastic, especially the Hailwood comeback one!

RE: Well Done Manx Radio - Moderator2 - 14-06-2020

It really was great, and I think the more positive feedback they get the better, both here and particularly on their own fb page for those of you who do fb, this will hopefully convince them to do something again in the future.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago they did actually run something a few years back in the evenings on AM and online, it was fantastic but there was some dispute over who was paying for it (ultimately everything has a cost) and it was pulled after a few weeks which was a great shame.

Let's hope enough people give them positive reviews this time around for them to discuss running it again during winter evenings for example.