TT Website Forum
APPLEYARD MACADAM YAMAHA SIGN TRUELOVE AND PERIE FOR 2022 SUPERSPORT CAMPAIGN - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Race Meetings - MotoGP, WSB & BSB, Irish Roads etc - (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: APPLEYARD MACADAM YAMAHA SIGN TRUELOVE AND PERIE FOR 2022 SUPERSPORT CAMPAIGN (/showthread.php?tid=30878)

APPLEYARD MACADAM YAMAHA SIGN TRUELOVE AND PERIE FOR 2022 SUPERSPORT CAMPAIGN - Malcolm - 20-01-2022

[Image: AppleyardRiders.jpg]

APPLEYARD MACADAM YAMAHA SIGN TRUELOVE AND PERIE FOR 2022 SUPERSPORT CAMPAIGN

Four-time Quattro Group British Supersport champions, Appleyard Macadam Yamaha, have signed exciting young talents Bradley Perie and Harry Truelove, for their 2022 title campaign.

The team continue to look to develop young talent and are now looking forward to a full testing programme with a four-day test in Southern Spain in just a few weeks’ time.

Using their well-developed Yamaha YZF-R6 machinery, support from the manufacturer and a wealth of track data, the team are looking forward to a twin-pronged attack to fight for an unprecedented fifth crown in the class.

Perie signed for the team last year and came out ‘swinging’ with podiums and wins immediately, to actually lead the series, before some setbacks dropped him down to fourth, despite taking six victories.

Truelove joins the team having ridden another Yamaha YZF-R6 machine over the past five seasons, finishing fifth last year and logging up three hard fought wins along the way.

Perie said:

“I know lots of people say this but I’ve never felt better prepared going into a race season, I learned so much, good and bad but couldn’t do much to change things as we were racing pretty much every weekend. Now I’ve got two new mechanics, a year of experience and for the first time ever I’m going testing, I can’t wait! This season the objective is clear and I feel confident we can go for wins again and push for the title.”

Truelove said:

“It feels good to be joining the team, they have a great set-up and long pedigree. We’ve always run a team ourselves but want to step it up in terms of professionalism which is what Appleyard Macadam provide. The wins showed me that we can be up there and my goal is to fight for the championship, it just takes a lot of hard work and a little luck!”

Team Owner Robin Appleyard commented:

“We went into last season thinking we could try for podiums and see how the year would pan out but Brad came out swinging and led the series! Now we’re off to Spain and start afresh which is a great opportunity.

“We know Brad has great outright speed and can help him put a championship campaign together. Harry is a strong rider and showed his form a couple of times last year, I think riding in our team with the bikes and experience we can supply, we can improve his consistency.

“We’ve had a busy off-season, looked at where we can improve both personnel and machinery so strengthened our allegiance with Yamaha and so are looking forward to being competitive and importantly consistent …two areas both lads can improve.”

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]