TT Website Forum
ROAD CLOSED - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TT Related Posts (Only) (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: ROAD CLOSED (/showthread.php?tid=4256)

Pages: 1 2

ROAD CLOSED - bobbyshunter - 12-03-2006

hi, me and a few mates are coming over to the isle first weekend in may and was hoping to ride the course before the TT prep started but have heard off the road close and body got any clues as to how long and stuff.

Cheers Rob

- Paul Phillips - 12-03-2006

Eight weeks I think Rob Sad

Paul

- bobbyshunter - 13-03-2006

thats bad news and very close to the TT dates

- MV - 14-03-2006

Now THIS would have made a good April Fools!

TT orgainisers have announced the following changes for TT practice week due to the road works ar Windey Corner.
Riders will be directed off the corse at Parliament square Ramsey and
the course will proceed along the coast road eventually rejoining the traditional course at Governors Bridge. This is a temporary change and the TT will hopefully revert to its normal course for race week, subject to the road works being completed on time.

far fetched? well, maybe!

MV

- larryd - 14-03-2006

Wouldn't it be some craic blasting down through Laxey :!:

Big Grin

- MV - 14-03-2006

Actually, as soon as I posted that, I had similar visions myself!
There are some hairy corners on that coast road, but over the tramlines and past the shops in Laxey would be a bit interesting!

MV

- Michael - 15-03-2006

Wonderful! So the racers come along our campsite at the Dhoon Glen.
It's a present for our 25th visit on the TT.

Michael

- thewitch - 15-03-2006

Oh, Michael, it was supposed to be a surprise and now they've ruined it!!
I hope you will be building a large grandstand in the campsite so we can watch from there.

- Michael - 15-03-2006

It will be an honor for us to welcome all regulars of this site on our grandstand during the races along the Dhoon. I think there will be a lot of beer and perhaps a barbecue.
Michael

- Bill Snelling - 15-03-2006

Just been to Ramsey from Laxey; I reckon some of you lot are practicing already, had do stop and grease the boot handle, some jerk of the feminine gender driving a Jag was intent on climbing in it!

- thewitch - 15-03-2006

oh...just your irresistable charms, I'm sure, Bill!

- bobbyshunter - 28-03-2006

any update on the road lads, is that for real about pratice

- MV - 28-03-2006

Not sure where they are with the road works.
Looks like some more at Brandish, after the TT.
They are putting in a sweeping curve throught the field on the left.
Wonder if the TT will keep the old line, a la Governors dip?

As for the note about practice?
Sorry, my warped sense of humor!

MV

- jasjas - 28-03-2006

The latest update is this. Since the change of the one way on Parliament Street in Ramsey, which has lead to much confusion which is unlikely to be cleared by TT, riders at the TT will be sent down Glen Auldyn (right turn just before Ramsey) and across country from there to Signpost Corner. So it is the age old problem really. Which tyres do you use? Slicks intermediates etc or knobblies?

- thewitch - 28-03-2006

I think I'll just enter on my new blue minimoto....

- Don Simons - 29-03-2006

Can't you go straight on at the Creg and come out at Onchan then turn left for the finish? They might get some new speed records over the finish line.

- charlie hulse - 29-03-2006

I think you meant turn right Don ! :oops: left for Lonan and Laxey.

- Don Simons - 29-03-2006

Thanks Charlie I wouldn't want to end up with Bill Snelling at the Queen's.

- Chris Maybury - 29-03-2006

Don must have stopped off at The Creg, for a few pints on the way through and became confused. :shock:

- Hilary M - 29-03-2006

He is 64 you know! :roll: