TT Website Forum
Larry's first race? - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Quiz Questions (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Larry's first race? (/showthread.php?tid=7142)

Larry's first race? - Barry Wood - 03-08-2008

[attachment=13] I have been experimenting today trying to upload photos to the site instead of expecting cargo to do it for me every time. This may or (probably) may not work. I think it's a photo of Larry's first race at Aghadowey and he's leading Lmaolmaosmilie

RE: Larry's first race? - Barry Wood - 03-08-2008

Typical. Too small. What do I do now?????????

RE: Larry's first race? - Barry Wood - 03-08-2008

Just left click on the photo while I continue playing around. Anybody got any tips?smilie

RE: Larry's first race? - larryd - 03-08-2008

Barry Wood Wrote:Just left click on the photo while I continue playing around. Anybody got any tips?smilie

Well, it certainly is Aghadowey, Barry, going across the Chicken Run, but my first race wasn't there, but rather at St Angelo!!

smilie

RE: Larry's first race? - thewitch - 03-08-2008

Barry... that's the best way of posting.. we just click on it, it doesn't fill the screen and scare us!
Larry... was it your second race, then?

RE: Larry's first race? - thewitch - 03-08-2008

We need Harry and Garry to complete the set here... where is that rabbit, and Garry... well, he's having to behave at the moment, isn't he..?

RE: Larry's first race? - cargo - 04-08-2008

The full size version.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13]

The question now of course is when was Larrys first ever race

RE: Larry's first race? - DCLUCIE - 04-08-2008

1908 and riding a velo at Ye Olde Race course at Port Stewart ..... ok it might have been earlier ...

RE: Larry's first race? - thewitch - 04-08-2008

Mr D C Lucie... we will need photographic evidence of this!! (Or a poem might suffice!)

RE: Larry's first race? - pete - 04-08-2008

Would there be any photos that old Pigfly Pigfly to find out when Mr Devlins 1st ever race was smilie smilie smilie smilie

RE: Larry's first race? - John Foster - 04-08-2008

larryd Wrote:
Barry Wood Wrote:Just left click on the photo while I continue playing around. Anybody got any tips?smilie

Well, it certainly is Aghadowey, Barry, going across the Chicken Run, but my first race wasn't there, but rather at St Angelo!!

smilie
..........just after World War 2 finished?

RE: Larry's first race? - DCLUCIE - 04-08-2008

Maybe the odd box brownie, but as always with a camera of this age they had to stay still for a while for the photo to be exposed, oh yes I left that open for Mr Foster to take advantage of, properly. I am not commenting on the speed of the said photo but there might be one or two about...... lol

RE: Larry's first race? - cargo - 04-08-2008

I think you are all being very unkind to Larry and I for one will stand up for him.

Clearly Larry is much too young to have raced in the kind of era you are suggesting.
And as there was no racing during the war it's clear he must have started about 1911

smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie

RE: Larry's first race? - John Foster - 04-08-2008

DCLUCIE Wrote:Maybe the odd box brownie, but as always with a camera of this age they had to stay still for a while for the photo to be exposed, oh yes I left that open for Mr Foster to take advantage of, properly. I am not commenting on the speed of the said photo but there might be one or two about...... lol

Larry's had so much bad exposure recently that he's invested in a new secret image and a tinted visor.
He's overlooked the fact that the sitting position is a bit of a giveaway.

[Image: lil_stig.jpg]

RE: Larry's first race? - thewitch - 04-08-2008

Oh, boy, you guys are going to be sooooo sorry when he gets his own back!

RE: Larry's first race? - larryd - 04-08-2008

thewitch Wrote:Oh, boy, you guys are going to be sooooo sorry when he gets his own back!

Not worth bothering about, Helen.

Let the kiddies get on with it.

However, no doubt what goes round, comes round, eventually . . . . . . . .

Wink

RE: Larry's first race? - Baylon McCaughey - 18-08-2008

but who is it in the photo??

RE: Larry's first race? - John Foster - 18-08-2008

Baylon McCaughey Wrote:but who is it in the photo??
With a foot on the exhaust, it can only be Edgar Jessop.