TT Website Forum
Who can name these two? - Printable Version

+- TT Website Forum (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Isle of Man TT Website (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Quiz Questions (https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Who can name these two? (/showthread.php?tid=7445)

Who can name these two? - thewitch - 26-09-2008

[Image: oldies.jpg]

RE: Who can name these two? - larryd - 26-09-2008

Joe Lindsay on the left.

?with Ray McCullough?

I smilie

RE: Who can name these two? - thewitch - 26-09-2008

Right wih one, but not the other......

RE: Who can name these two? - ali - 26-09-2008

pure guess
is the 1 on the right Giacamo Agostini

Miles out... try closer to home... still a charmer....

RE: Who can name these two? - cargo - 26-09-2008

Hector Neil ?

Nope!

RE: Who can name these two? - larryd - 27-09-2008

Just for interest, Helen, I reckon that the elderly gentleman behind wee Joe is Norman Scott, founder-member of the TTRA.

Couldn't mistake those horn-rims!!

RE: Who can name these two? - thewitch - 28-09-2008

Funny, I did wonder about him. I remember seeing him around in those days, but wouldn't have known who he was.
I will be digging out some of my MGP weighing in shots as time goes by.

RE: Who can name these two? - larryd - 29-09-2008

Gotcha Yahoo Yahoo

1976 Manx Grand Prix - Joe Lindsay won the Junior, and Les Trotter won the Senior.

Les is still riding that T500, and still has that much hair, although it's a different colour now!!!

Smile

RE: Who can name these two? - Willy Scott - 21-05-2009

larryd Wrote:Just for interest, Helen, I reckon that the elderly gentleman behind wee Joe is Norman Scott, founder-member of the TTRA.

I have just joined the forum so please excuse the late posting.
I am Norman Scott's son and I am not sure if that is my Dad, shoulders don't look right but the glasses do and the jacket is not his usual attire at such an event usually a sports jacket, long, or a blue blazer it might be a shirt but he was not one for wearing a shirt without a jacket.
Apart from all this I am pleased to see that he has had a recognition for the hard work he did to form the TTRA with various other early racers.

RE: Who can name these two? - Splashdown - 27-05-2009

Willy Scott Wrote:
larryd Wrote:Just for interest, Helen, I reckon that the elderly gentleman behind wee Joe is Norman Scott, founder-member of the TTRA.

I have just joined the forum so please excuse the late posting.
I am Norman Scott's son and I am not sure if that is my Dad, shoulders don't look right but the glasses do and the jacket is not his usual attire at such an event usually a sports jacket, long, or a blue blazer it might be a shirt but he was not one for wearing a shirt without a jacket.
Apart from all this I am pleased to see that he has had a recognition for the hard work he did to form the TTRA with various other early racers.
Good to see that Norman Scott's son has found the TT website. Welcome Willy. I can remember your father when I was just a lad. My Dad (Allan Jefferies) will have passed a fair bit of time with your Dad leant against a bar, either on the Island (Woodbourne Hotel) or London for the TTRA Luncheon. Although my Dad was not a founder member he had a fair involvement with the Luncheons in those early days.

RE: Who can name these two? - Beth Somerville - 08-02-2017

Hi
I think this is Hector Neil, not sure 100% about that, but I will ask my dad maybe he know them.  Are you sure Willy Scott? or you just blowing smoke? Try to upload this image to other forums and maybe they will be more helpful then us :-)

RE: Who can name these two? - Blademan - 22-05-2017

Is that Frank Kennedy on the right?