XSM EX SIMPLE MIND CONCERT CONFIRMED FOR VILLA MARINA DURING 2017 ISLE OF MAN TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
XSM EX SIMPLE MIND CONCERT CONFIRMED FOR VILLA MARINA DURING 2017 ISLE OF MAN TT
[Image: XSM-Ex-Simple-Mind-promo.jpg]

The distinctive sound of iconic band Simple Minds will fill the Villa Marina’s Royal Hall during this year’s Isle of Man TT festival.

XSM Ex Simple Mind will take to the stage on 28th May, featuring former Simple Minds drummer Brian McGee alongside 1980s pop star Owen Paul and fellow band members Joe O’Neill, Anthony William and Gary Irvine.

The concert, organised by JonnoPromotions and TalisMann Promotions, is being sponsored by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, which is assisting with travel costs, and Sure, and with media partnership from 3FM.

McGee was part of the original line-up of Simple Minds, the band famous for anthems including Waterfront and Don’t You Forget About Me, and played a key role in defining the group’s unmistakable early sound. He played on the band’s first five albums, featuring on tracks like Life in a Day, Chelsea Girl and The American.

He became part of XSM in 2010, performing around the world and recording new music.

At the Villa Marina, Owen Paul – who had his own top 10 hit with My Favourite Waste of Time – will be on vocals as the band performs a set comprised from the back catalogue of Simple Minds.

Mark Armstrong of TalisMann Promotions said: 

‘After the huge success of From The Jam last year, when former member of The Jam Bruce Foxton performed at the TT, we didn’t want to miss the opportunity to bring another founder member of a legendary band to the Isle of Man.’

Jonno Gollow, of JonnoPromotions, added: 

‘Brian McGee was there at the start of Simple Minds and helped shape the sound which saw the band become one of the biggest music groups in the world. We’re delighted he’ll be bringing those sounds to the Villa Marina, accompanied by superb vocalist Owen Paul and a hugely talented band.

‘We are also delighted to secure the support of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company and Sure as sponsors. They have both been long-time supporters of TalisMann Promotions and JonnoPromotions, helping to ensure the Island can host such great live music events, and both Mark and I would like to thank them for the ongoing commitment.’

While the timing of the concert during Practice Week means both Island residents and visiting TT fans can enjoy the music, it has been scheduled for Sunday evening to avoid any closed road sessions, and with the following day being a Bank Holiday there’s no reason not to stay out late.

Sarah Jarvis, Marketing Manager of Sure, said: 

‘Sure is delighted to sponsor the XSM concert and I’m sure it will be a great night full of fantastic music performed by an original member of one of Britain’s biggest ever groups. I am pleased to be working once again with Mark and Jonno as they bring great music and entertainment to the Isle of Man.’

Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward added:

‘This will not only be an opportunity for locals to enjoy a concert filled with classic songs and great music, but also adds to the entertainment offered to our visitors during the TT. These Island-based promoters have worked hard to bring what promises to be an exciting live music event to the Isle of Man, and we are delighted to be able to support them once again.’

Tickets are on sale now at the Welcome Centre, by calling 600555 or online at http://www.villagaiety.com.

03-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Website Find Reply