MGP night out
thewitch
Unregistered

MGP night out
On the basis that a balanced meal is a pint in each hand (thanks Mr Maybury!), how about a TTwebsite night out ... or rather IN, The Cat With No Tail or the Manor on Tuesday or Thursday of race week... preferences?
Just a few drinks and a natter with like minded people.
16-07-2008, 04:07 PM
cargo
Unregistered

RE: MGP night out
That sounds good to me............... Wink

Nothing too organised just turn up and see who else shows up
16-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
Ooooh, Helen you moved the thread. I thought that I was going mad and lost it.
At the moment, it will be a priority for me to attend the illustrious TT Website gathering and either Tues or Wed is fine. I have been to the Manor but not the Cat WNT. so have no preferences whatsoever.
After all, it's the people that matter most. If you are prepared to put up with the likes of meRolleyes, I am happy anywhere.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
16-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Sounds good, if Spooner lets me out and doesn't want 3 sets of piston changes before the Junior race Bonk
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
16-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Just bring Spooner with you... Oh My God, what have I said..............Bonk
16-07-2008, 08:02 PM
cargo
Unregistered

Sandy............likes the CWNT says the lasagna [cant spell] is very good...............the beers good as well not that I'll be having any
16-07-2008, 09:00 PM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
thewitch Wrote:Just bring Spooner with you... Oh My God, what have I said..............Bonk

Oh dear Oh dear Helen, you ought to know better!! having said that he will have his other/better half there for race week so he'll be under
'waved yellows'
from last practice so you could have a get out of jail free card there smilie
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
16-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Russ... send his better half!
Cargo... looks like it will be Cat With No tail, Tuesday of race week...what time-ish?
16-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
'scuse me but for us foreigners could I please be given instructions of how to get to Cat with No Tail......that is, if you wish to have my company...Ta
16-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Jan Grainger Wrote:'scuse me but for us foreigners could I please be given instructions of how to get to Cat with No Tail......that is, if you wish to have my company...Ta

Have no fear Jan you just need to find me in the paddock and you can travel in our executive Transit. smilie
16-07-2008, 11:49 PM
cargo
Unregistered

thewitch Wrote:Russ... send his better half!
Cargo... looks like it will be Cat With No tail, Tuesday of race week...what time-ish?

I'd like to think that race week Tuesday will be a long lazy day with very little to do but wait for Wednesday morning and a race...........
so anytime will be fine................ 7 ?

Then I can get of to bed at a decent time
16-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
cargo Wrote:
Jan Grainger Wrote:'scuse me but for us foreigners could I please be given instructions of how to get to Cat with No Tail......that is, if you wish to have my company...Ta

Have no fear Jan you just need to find me in the paddock and you can travel in our executive Transit. smilie
Hey, I will definately find the Carr's in the paddock BECAUSE you will by flying the Australian flag. So there, Cargo!!!, that is, if customs will allow the Aussie flag to be brought through. Only a little one, just big enough to fit in my luggage. I'm sure it will be okay. Remember, as I will be cheering you on I consider you as an honourary Australian during August.
17-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

He's camping in a red splodge so he'll be easily found Lol!
17-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Dave Montgomery Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
This year is the 30th anniversary of the first newcomers race one i can never forget wet, misty and cold but it got me hooked. I stopped racing in 2000 but still get a twinge around this time of year so sounds like a good reson for a couple of days over there. If i can get through scrutineering over here i will be on the boat.
17-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Make sure you include our night out... we can exchange memories of riders who were around then!
17-07-2008, 11:02 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

As the Cat does evening meals and REAL beer, how about a 6.30 start? People can drift in when they like, of course, and I will wear my hat!smilie
17-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
Right, it's a date.Smile Although I am about 3,400 miles away, I just looked it up on the internet and found Hailwood Avenue. I will try be at the Cat for 6:30 then look for the legendary broomstick and park my bike next to it.smiliesmiliesmilie
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
17-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I have a little map/google picture showing the location of the CWNT in relation to the TT course it is easy to get to but if anyone wants to see PM me and I'll mail it to you.

I was going to try the forum mass e-mail thingy but I cant attach a file
17-07-2008, 12:38 PM
cargo
Unregistered

It has taken me a while but finally I figured out how to save this picture and thenget it posted on here.................

This should help all those who are lost and can't find the CWNT..

[Image: pictureofCWNT.jpg]
17-07-2008, 01:55 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

If people slide down the screen to the left and down a bit (left hand down a bit for those who know what that's about!), they'll find Cargo's red splodge!!Yahoo
17-07-2008, 03:38 PM