Movistar Yamaha Get Ready for the German GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Movistar Yamaha Get Ready for the German GP
[Image: yamahamovistarhdr.jpg]

Following the Dutch Grand Prix, the closest race so far this season held almost two weeks ago, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP's Valentino Rossi and Maverick Viñales are raring to continue their championship quest at the Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland this weekend.

Though he rode a competitive race in the Netherlands, Rossi heads to the Sachsenring feeling eager to make good on the Assen podium that he so narrowly missed. Holding second place in the rider standings, it's his objective to reduce the 41-point gap to the championship leader by delivering a top result before MotoGP's short summer break starts.

The Italian has a ton of premier class experience at the German GP to help him achieve his goal; he scored victories in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2009, stood on the podium in 2000, 2003 and 2008 for second places, and took third positions in 2013 and 2015.

Viñales is more motivated than ever to gain points in the championship standings after securing a place on the podium at the previous round and maintaining his third place in the rankings, six points behind his teammate. Having shown a competitive pace from start to finish at the TT Assen race, he is feeling confident that he will be able to produce a strong result again on German soil.

Prior to this weekend the young contender stood on the Sachsenring podium twice, having secured third positions in the 125cc class in 2011 and the Moto3 class in 2013. Feeling in great shape after enjoying some rest over the last week, the Spaniard aims to land a place in the MotoGP top-3 there for the first time in his career.

The area of Chemnitz is known for its love for car and motorcycle races. Originally, races in the area were held on closed public roads from the 1920s on. The Sachsenring was built in 1996 for safety reasons. Just two years later the track hosted its first MotoGP event and has continuously been updated since. The just 12m wide circuit has numerous tight corners (ten left, three right in total), making this circuit one of the slower tracks on the calendar, but there will still be plenty of action at the German GP.

[Image: yamahapregermany.jpg]

Valentino Rossi - Championship: 2nd – Points: 99

"Assen was an incredible race, so I really want to get back on track again. I don't know if we can repeat a race like that at the Sachsenring, but we'll try to do everything to be at the front with the top riders. Last year's German GP was not a very positive weekend for us, so it will be very important to understand our potential this weekend. We will have to work hard, starting from the first practice session on Friday, to get ready for the race, but I'm confident. I feel good and my team are working really well. The race at the Sachsenring is the last race before the short MotoGP summer break, so we want to do our best to make it a good battle on Sunday, to end the first half of the season in a good way."

Maverick Viñales - Championship: 3rd – Points: 93

"I'm really looking forward to arriving at the Sachsenring. I think we are getting the bike ready and we're starting to see everything in a very positive way, allowing us to end the first half of the season properly. We have to fight to get as many points as possible to stay at the top of the championship. Fortunately, in Assen I felt very comfortable on the bike again and I had the same good feelings I've had in the past. We were able to solve the small problems we were having on the first laps of the race and that has put us at the level of the other riders on the grid. The podium was like a breath of fresh air and has given me extra motivation to keep at it with all my strength and give 100%, as always. Last year at the Sachsenring I finished just off the podium with a fourth position, so this year we'll give our all to get back on the podium and continue on the good path we're on."

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP - Team Director

"After the fantastic battle in Assen, the team can't wait to continue the championship at the German GP. Our riders felt competitive at the previous race. We're determined to reproduce the good feeling we had in the Netherlands this weekend. Both Vale and Maverick have been able to get some rest and recharge their batteries, so they can give 100% again at the last race before the short summer break. The Sachsenring suits our bike reasonably well, however, bike set-up plays a vital role there. To match the settings to the track's narrow nature, we need to start the weekend in the right manner on Friday. Last year we finished just off the podium, so this year it's our goal to rectify this and to continue the work done at the last race."

11-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Movistar Yamaha Get Ready for the German GP - by Malcolm - 11-07-2018, 03:02 PM