DAVID JOHNSON PILOTS TYCO BMW HP4 RACE TO MAIDEN INTERNATIONAL PODIUM IN ULSTER GP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DAVID JOHNSON PILOTS TYCO BMW HP4 RACE TO MAIDEN INTERNATIONAL PODIUM IN ULSTER GP
[Image: tycoheader.jpg]

DAVID JOHNSON PILOTS TYCO BMW HP4 RACE TO MAIDEN INTERNATIONAL PODIUM IN ULSTER GP SUPERBIKE RACE

David Johnson rounded off the Tyco BMW team’s International roads campaign with a third place podium finish in the opening Superbike race at the MCE Ulster Grand Prix today.

Following an 11th hour signing between the Australian rider and the Moneymore-based TAS Racing team and with virtually no pre-event testing, ‘Davo’ delivered an impressive performance during his debut outing in Tyco BMW colours. This marks Davo’s first podium at one of the world’s fastest road races and secures a maiden International podium for the stunning all carbon framed BMW HP4 RACE.

With weather conditions deteriorating at the County Antrim circuit and with no signs of improvement, further racing was abandoned before the full race programme could be completed, bringing the 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix to a close.

[Image: DavoJohnsonatUlster.jpg]

"To have the opportunity to debut the HP4 RACE Carbon machine was another great honour for Tyco BMW and we enjoyed every minute of the experience. We already had an idea how good the machine is with some early season circuit testing. However the potential the machine has shown with only a handful of practice laps at one the fastest road racing circuits in the world has really impressed us, we only wish there were more opportunities to race the bike this season.

I’m especially pleased for Dave Johnston to record his first ever podium finish at the International Ulster Grand Prix although it was disappointing we did not have the chance to complete the full race distance as Davo was looking really strong and the HP4 RACE was absolutely flying. Having sat on the bike for the first time on Wednesday Davo can be very satisfied with his efforts and TAS Racing are extremely proud to present the BMW HP4 RACE with a maiden International road racing podium in the Tyco BMW colours."
Philip Neill - Tyco BMW Team Manager

"What can I say. Taking the weather into consideration and the limited time we had to prepare I really think it’s been a successful week working with the Tyco BMW boys. The team worked hard to make me comfortable on the bikes and in the team and despite the weather I’m pretty pleased to have taken a third place back to Australia. I feel very honoured to have been given the chance to ride the HP4 RACE for the Tyco BMW team and to give the bike its first ever international road racing podium is a real buzz. Thanks to Hector and Philip and the boys for a big effort. Hopefully we can do it again."
David Johnson #9

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 08:33 PM by Malcolm.)
12-08-2018, 08:33 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
DAVID JOHNSON PILOTS TYCO BMW HP4 RACE TO MAIDEN INTERNATIONAL PODIUM IN ULSTER GP - by Malcolm - 12-08-2018, 08:33 PM