Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage
[Image: JackKennedytoBSB.jpg]

Jack Kennedy will step up to the British Superbike class in 2020 with the TAG Racing/Santander Salt team after retaining his Supersport crown at Donington Park on Saturday.

The 32-year-old Dubliner is joining Dan Linfoot to ride the all-new YZF-R1 Yamaha.

"I'm very happy to have signed for TAG Racing," he said. "I'm also excited by the new challenge and to be back in Superbike with a proven team. I feel we will do a really good job together."

Kennedy won the Supersport Championship with three races to spare with the Integro Appleyard McAdam Yamaha team.

And World Superbike champion Jonathan Rea will have a new team-mate for 2020 with yesterday's announcement that Leon Haslam will leave the Kawasaki Racing Team.

Haslam, the 2018 British Superbike champion, was brought into the factory Kawasaki outfit and has so far scored six podium results with two rounds, Argentina and Qatar, still to come.

The 36-year-old son of 'Rocket' Ron Haslam endured niggling injuries and struggled with his set-up this season.

The 'Pocket Rocket's' replacement has yet to be announced, but there is speculation that another British rider, Alex Lowes, could take up the ride following his departure from the Pata Yamaha team at the end of the season.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris
09-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Kennedy excited to return to the Superbike stage - by Malcolm - 09-10-2019, 12:55 PM