Graeme Irwin third brother to join the 2020 Bennetts Superbike Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Graeme Irwin third brother to join the 2020 Bennetts Superbike Championship
[Image: IrwinBrothers.jpg]
The Irwin brothers, Glenn, Graeme and Andrew, with Sam Geddis, managing director of Cornmarket Insurance Services

All three Irwin brothers will be racing in the British Superbike Championship in 2020 after Graeme Irwin was confirmed to be making the step up for the new season.

The 28-year-old, from Carrickfergus, has agreed to join Team 64 Motorsport for the campaign, for whom he will ride a Kawasaki.

That means the trio of Irwin brothers, with Honda Racing pair Glenn and Andrew, will all be in the British Superbike Series this year.

Graeme, a former British motocross champion, makes the step up from the British Superstock 1000cc class, where his best finish last season was 10th at Cadwell Park.

The Irwins are already in the midst of their preparations for the new season, with the first meeting at Silverstone over the Easter weekend.

"I'm incredibly excited to be riding the Team 64 Kawasaki in the British Superbike Championship. One of my aims was to work with a crew chief who has also raced and Aaron (Zanotti) fits the bill perfectly," said Graeme.

"Of course I'll be up against my brothers. We're a very close family and respect one another but when the lights go out we all have a job to do."

Team 64 principal Zanotti commented:

"Myself and the team are delighted and really looking forward to working with Graeme, he has an impressive pedigree and I can't wait to see what we can achieve together this season."

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

14-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Graeme Irwin third brother to join the 2020 Bennetts Superbike Championship - by Malcolm - 14-02-2020, 03:20 PM