Ben Godfrey - R.I.P.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ben Godfrey - R.I.P.
[Image: BenGodfreyRIP.jpg]

British championship rider Ben Godfrey has been tragically killed during a track day at Donington Park

The fatal incident happened on Sunday when the 25-year-old collided with another machine on the approach to Redgate corner, sustaining serious injuries.

Despite receiving immediate medical treatment, he sadly passed away shortly afterwards.

A statement issued by Mark Neate, Director of No Limits Trackdays, said:

“I am so desperately sad that Ben died from the injuries he sustained. Ben really was a fantastic young man and friends with so many people in the paddock, he was always smiling and had time for everyone.

“He was very excited for the start of the season and had taken part in many trackdays in the last month. Our thoughts are with his family, his partner Jordan and his team mates and friends.”

British Superbike rider Glenn Irwin paid tribute to his fellow racer on Facebook, writing:

'Rest in peace Ben Godfrey. Gone way too soon. My thoughts are with his family, friends and team'.

Mr Godfrey, who is from Nottingham, was set to compete in the Ducati TriOptions Cup this year. He was a regular competitor in the National Superstock 1000 Championship.
22-06-2020, 12:57 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Ben Godfrey - R.I.P. - by Malcolm - 22-06-2020, 12:57 AM