Quartararo And Morbidelli Hungry For More Success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Quartararo And Morbidelli Hungry For More Success
[Image: PetronasHdr.jpg]

PETRONAS Yamaha SRT riders Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli eager to repeat Jerez performance this weekend at Andalucia GP

There’s no rest for Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli as PETRONAS Yamaha SRT head straight into another race weekend, leading both the Riders’ and Teams’ championships.

Fresh from his first MotoGP race win, Quartararo will be hoping for a repeat performance this weekend at Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto. Although the Frenchman took pole position, won the race and broke the lap record twice, he recognises that improvements can still be made. Confidence will be high though with the next race also held at the same circuit as the Spanish GP last weekend.

Team-mate Morbidelli also had a strong race after finishing fifth aboard his Yamaha YZR-M1, equalling his best ever MotoGP result. His race saw him involved in a number of battles and included a brilliant late overtake on Pol Espargaro. The Italian showed good pace across all sessions and will be looking to make further progress to fight for the top positions and help solidify the team’s position at the top of the standings.

Friday’s free practice session for the MotoGP riders will begin at 9.55am local time (3.55pm MYT), with lights due to go out at 2pm local time (8pm MYT) on Sunday for their 25-lap Andalucia GP.

[Image: Quarteraro21July.jpg]

Fabio Quartararo

Spanish GP was such an amazing race. The weekend just felt so good with the pole position and winning the GP, honestly it was the best. I can’t wait for Friday to be back again, try to improve our pace even more and try to do exactly the same as this week. I think we can still improve because the pace of those around us was really good so we need to look to see which areas we should work on. We know that sector three was one where I struggled. We need to enjoy this victory but also focus on the next race this weekend as this new calendar is intense with few breaks so it's important to stay concentrated.

Franco Morbidelli

The race was good and we had some nice battles so I am looking forward to having that again this weekend. My bike is really nice to ride and the team has done a good job setting it up so I think we can be confident going forward. We do have some things to work on as we are losing time in some areas of the lap, but making it up in others. Racing at the same circuit again isn’t an advantage as such because everyone is in the same situation, but it’s good for understanding some other things and for improving set up. There is always room to improve and the track conditions could change this weekend. Whatever happens though I’m confident ahead of the next race and looking forward to it.

21-07-2020, 12:55 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Quartararo And Morbidelli Hungry For More Success - by Malcolm - 21-07-2020, 12:55 PM