CRUTCHLOW DECLARED FIT TO RACE FOR ROUND TWO IN JEREZ
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW DECLARED FIT TO RACE FOR ROUND TWO IN JEREZ
[Image: LCRhdr.jpg]

The MotoGP class return to Jerez for the first back-to-back races in the sport’s history and Cal Crutchlow will attempt to push through the pain barrier to take part. The LCR Honda CASTROL rider underwent wrist surgery in Barcelona on Tuesday, but is still aiming to compete in the second round of the revised 2020 calendar this weekend.

The Briton was denied the chance to test himself in last Sunday’s Grand Prix in southern Spain after falling in the warm up session and sustaining a fractured scaphoid. Crutchlow, who came back to the paddock early this morning after his operation, was declared fit to race by Dorna’s Medical Director, Dr. Ángel Charte and will be back aboard his RC213V no. 35 tomorrow morning for the first practice of the weekend.

[Image: CrutchlowpreAndalucia.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow

“After last week’s situation where I couldn’t ride, I’m really looking forward to coming back to the race circuit this weekend in Jerez to see if it’s possible to compete. First of all, I need to say a big thank you to Dr Mir for the operation he performed on Tuesday that seemed to be a success to join my scaphoid back together. Hopefully that has rectified the situation after the crash I had on Sunday morning. I think it will be a big ask for me to ride this weekend, but I will absolutely 100% try and I look forward to seeing whether it’s possible to ride and get back with the team and do a good job for Honda.”

24-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
CRUTCHLOW DECLARED FIT TO RACE FOR ROUND TWO IN JEREZ - by Malcolm - 24-07-2020, 11:06 AM