British F1: Santander Salt Racing announces new initiative with FHO Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: SidecarHdr.jpg]

Santander Salt Racing announces new initiative with FHO Racing putting Ellis, Biggs and Nixon in FHO colours. Roger Body with his Santander Salt Racing team has forged a new collaborative agreement with Faye Ho and her FHO Racing Team.

Faye’s prominence in the BSB paddock continues apace announcing that Pirelli Junior Superstock Champion Jack Nixon will step up to ride for the FHO Racing Team in the Pirelli National Superstock class on a BMW M1000RR machine.

The 20-year-old from Folkestone took seven victories and a further five podiums on his way to last year’s title riding the Santander Salt Yamaha R6 courtesy of Roger Body’s Kent-based operation. Alongside his significant commitment to the World and British Sidecar Championships, Roger’s involvement with Jack remains ongoing. He will take an even keener interest in this next level of competition, forging yet another connection with a high-profile Superbike team.

The National Superstock class is arguable the most challenging and strongly disputed in the paddock with a wealth of talented and experienced riders, mixing it with many stars of the future. All are mounted on highly competitive machinery from the top manufacturers. This will be a steep learning curve for Jack Nixon, and he relishes the task ahead.

The collaboration between Faye Ho and Roger Body does not stop there. The distinctive colour scheme and livery of FHO Racing will also adorn the Santander Salt World and British sidecar racing teams.

Faye Ho’s initiative and enthusiasm for promoting women in sport is manifested in the three young women who will wear her colours in the Hel Performance Junior Supersport class, and the Honda British Talent Cup. She has now extended that female portfolio with the inclusion of sidecar star Todd Ellis’s French passenger Emmanuelle Clement, who will once again partner Ellis in their second season together.

Runners-up last year, they are of one single mind as to the goal for 2022. One year later, most of the tracks will now be familiar, the young pairing have their rookie season behind them, and they have high hopes of championship success.

All parties in this new initiative are immensely excited about the year ahead, with Nixon understandably circumspect but realistic.

[Image: FHOSidecarDeal.jpg]

Jack commented:

“Stepping up to the 1000cc class is going to be a steep learning curve for me, but I will use the chance wisely and get as much time on the bike as possible before official testing. It is a massive opportunity with such an important team, and I want to thank Faye Ho for her faith and confidence in me. You can see how much effort and investment she has put in already, and I am really looking forward to being part of that. I also am hugely grateful to Roger Body of Santander Salt for his support right from my early days in the BSB paddock. He has known my family for many years from the sidecar GP days, and that connection has been a fantastic help”.

FHO Team Owner Faye Ho added:

“I am really happy to welcome Jack to our line-up for the coming season. I like to give young talent an opportunity and winning the Junior Superstock class last year gave Jack the perfect platform from which to step up and further his career. I am also delighted with the broader association between FHO Racing and Roger Body’s Santander Salt organisation which will allow cooperation across our combined motorsport interests”.

Roger Body expanded on his reasons:

“I have always seen links with prominent solo teams in the BSB paddock as important. In recent seasons we have seen several sidecar teams running in BSB team livery enjoying the extra sponsorship and publicity that comes with it. Jack has been under our umbrella for a few years now and there is a strong historic sidecar connection with his family. Faye Ho’s FHO Racing Team provides a golden opportunity for Jack to develop and progress his career, whilst giving us a strong association with a modern and forward-thinking team across all classes. I have no doubt Jack will seize this chance with both hands. This is a really good fit for Santander Salt, and I am delighted”.

Barry Nutley
12-01-2022, 11:10 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
British F1: Santander Salt Racing announces new initiative with FHO Racing - by Malcolm - 12-01-2022, 11:10 AM