[split] Manx Grand Prix Bike Compliance etc
George Offline

Threads: 50
[split] Manx Grand Prix Bike Compliance etc
What next I wonder, I would guess that they will soon start charging riders/ teams for hooking up the the electric supply Blush
22-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
(18-02-2011, 09:21 PM)superted Wrote: And I presume that this year ALL post-classic machines will comply with the rules, regardless of who's on 'em or providing 'em
Hehe

Just noticed this post. Perhaps you would like to point out, in your opinion, what machine didn,t comply with the rules and in what way.
22-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
(22-06-2011, 11:32 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
(18-02-2011, 09:21 PM)superted Wrote: And I presume that this year ALL post-classic machines will comply with the rules, regardless of who's on 'em or providing 'em
Hehe

Just noticed this post. Perhaps you would like to point out, in your opinion, what machine didn,t comply with the rules and in what way.

A red and black suzuki running 6'' rear rim with 190 tyre for one as this size tyre and rim never existed in 1985.
23-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Find Reply
LadyTT Offline
Just Getting Started

I think that this Re-Branding of the Manx GP is great.

It has bought a whole new generation of people into the festival. I have read alot of slagging off about these "red and black suzukis" on these types of forums, and yes they are bringing in big TT names such as Dunlop, Martin, Farquar, Costello, Buckley and people are complaining that it may be putting people off competing in certain classes, but lets all face it, it IS good racing, and people DO come to see these certain names then get drawn into the classic charm!

(If im honest, i dont think i would be into classic superbikes now if it wasnt for these names bringing them to my attention! Blush )

Stop with the slagging off the regeneration of this festival, we cant live in the past.. otherwise youre just aiming and targeting this fortnight to aload of old grumpy men!!

-Lady TT
23-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

(23-06-2011, 01:04 AM)cregnybaa Wrote:
Hehe

A red and black suzuki running 6'' rear rim with 190 tyre for one as this size tyre and rim never existed in 1985.

I assume that you mean Michael Dunlops Suzuki although for some reason you appear to be reluctant to say so. If the rear wheel and tyre on his Suzuki was illegal as you infer I feel that the Manx Club would have taken action. I have looked through the regs for the 2010 MGP and there is no reference to any maximum size permitted only a vague reference to a 'size that was available in the period'. Can you confirm what size the rim was? Did you measure it?
If you felt that there was something illegal on his bike or any others ( I believe that the other Suzukis all had the same size wheels) why , if you were a competitor or entrant you didn,t put your money down and do a proper protest instead of being a keyboard warrior and bitching about it six months later.
What did you expect the bike to have on it, a pair of TT100,s
23-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

Ain't post classics supposed to run as original specification , safety improvements permitted by the Technicals and COC
23-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

(23-06-2011, 04:42 PM)George Wrote: Ain't post classics supposed to run as original specification , safety improvements permitted by the Technicals and COC

I can,t see that in the regs either. I think this is getting off the original post now so if you want to continue this subject perhaps we should start a new thread.
Incidently I think that that the correct name for 'Aint post classics' is Classic Superbikes.

The Manx used to be fun? I think it still is and will certainly remain so.
Real racing bikes rule NOT modded production bikes!!!
23-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

(23-06-2011, 03:08 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
Hehe

I assume that you mean Michael Dunlops Suzuki although for some reason you appear to be reluctant to say so. If the rear wheel and tyre on his Suzuki was illegal as you infer I feel that the Manx Club would have taken action. I have looked through the regs for the 2010 MGP and there is no reference to any maximum size permitted only a vague reference to a 'size that was available in the period'. Can you confirm what size the rim was? Did you measure it?
If you felt that there was something illegal on his bike or any others ( I believe that the other Suzukis all had the same size wheels) why , if you were a competitor or entrant you didn,t put your money down and do a proper protest instead of being a keyboard warrior and bitching about it six months later.

Well rc30alf there was a protest put in with the fee but the manx mcc refused to take the protest saying they dont accept protests???. The rear wheel on that red and black suzuki was a 6'' rim i was standing there in scrutineering looking at it and have seen this bike at a show since still with its 6'' rim and 190 tyre , the rules stated wheels must be of a size available at the time, so at the time 1985 the 180 was the largest tyre available and that was running on a 5.5'' rim and i have that documented so does the manx mcc but you wont find any documentation relating to a 6'' rim being used for racing in 1985. by the way i was not the protester but i do know it definatly happened.
Regarding the silly statement about the tt100s michael would most likely still win if that bike had been fitted with tt100s.
I am not bitching about it six months later i am just stating a fact and if you are going to the manx this year i would be happy to tell you face to face if you like.
23-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

(23-06-2011, 07:19 PM)cregnybaa Wrote:
Hehe

Well rc30alf there was a protest put in with the fee but the manx mcc refused to take the protest saying they dont accept protests???. The rear wheel on that red and black suzuki was a 6'' rim i was standing there in scrutineering looking at it and have seen this bike at a show since still with its 6'' rim and 190 tyre , the rules stated wheels must be of a size available at the time, so at the time 1985 the 180 was the largest tyre available and that was running on a 5.5'' rim and i have that documented so does the manx mcc but you wont find any documentation relating to a 6'' rim being used for racing in 1985. by the way i was not the protester but i do know it definatly happened.
Regarding the silly statement about the tt100s michael would most likely still win if that bike had been fitted with tt100s.
I am not bitching about it six months later i am just stating a fact and if you are going to the manx this year i would be happy to tell you face to face if you like.

If there was a protest put in in accordance with the rules, undoubtedly the MMCC would have taken action on any legitimate protest. See attachment from the regs.
[attachment=63]
They certainly wouldn,t have said they don,t accept protests. Its in the rules. FACT.
23-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

(23-06-2011, 08:30 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
Hehe

If there was a protest put in in accordance with the rules, undoubtedly the MMCC would have taken action on any legitimate protest. See attachment from the regs.

They certainly wouldn,t have said they don,t accept protests. Its in the rules. FACT.

Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol
23-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

(23-06-2011, 08:44 PM)George Wrote:
Hehe

George i dont know who you are the same as you dont know who i am but the FACT is if you know as much as you think you know you would know that it did happen i know because i was a competitor in that class and was told as it was unfolding the clubs argument was that the protest should have been put in before the race which is a load of tosh but the buck stops with them so thats it, anyway i think everyone concerned have learnt lessons
23-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

(23-06-2011, 11:13 PM)cregnybaa Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 08:44 PM)George Wrote:
Hehe

George i dont know who you are the same as you dont know who i am but the FACT is if you know as much as you think you know you would know that it did happen i know because i was a competitor in that class and was told as it was unfolding the clubs argument was that the protest should have been put in before the race which is a load of tosh but the buck stops with them so thats it, anyway i think everyone concerned have learnt lessons

You have 30 minutes from the time the winner finishes to submit your protest.

Did I say it never happened ????
23-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

I thought the Manx was friendly and fun!
I think cregs problem is how he has interpreted the rather vague rules from the 2010 regs as opposed to how Trident Racing(the bikes builder) have.
The rules state that wheels must be of a size 'available at 31st December 1985'.
There is no mention of width or whether they were actually used.
I feel sure if you had ordered a 6 inch rim from Dymag in time for Christmas in 1985 you would have got one.
Eddie Lawsons works Yamaha probably had a 6" rim 'available' if he had wanted one.
There was no mention of tyre width in 2010 unlike 2011 where the maximum tyre width is stated as 180. Again no mention of rim size.
There are probably loads of other 'eligibility' issues to deal with like longer H model swinging arms, Slingshot wheels and seats, Yoshimura fairings etc on GSXR 750s. Perhaps they were 'available' as well!!
24-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
Steve Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
http://www.manxgrandprix.org/PostCl/PCFAQ.html

On making sure of the rules before entering last year I was given this link which was up for everybody to see. Quite clear on rim size to me.

Its clear to me the Manx is going to change but sometimes you do'nt know how good something will be untill you have tried it. We may be surprised!

Steven.
24-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
rc30alfie Offline

(24-06-2011, 01:39 PM)Steve Linsdell Wrote: http://www.manxgrandprix.org/PostCl/PCFAQ.html

On making sure of the rules before entering last year I was given this link which was up for everybody to see. Quite clear on rim size to me.

Its clear to me the Manx is going to change but sometimes you do'nt know how good something will be untill you have tried it. We may be surprised!

Steven.

Well there you go creg, it was in green and white on the MGP site. NO limit on rim width. Obviously Trident Racing read the rules and you didn,t. Still the MMCC saved you or your fellow competitors £50 by not accepting the protest fee as obviously they read the rules too. Perhaps you could use it to buy the Trident boys a drink by way of an apology. See you at the Manx!! Alfeeeeee!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2011, 09:14 AM by rc30alfie.)
24-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Find Reply