2010 Sunflower Trophy: 'Best big bike I've ridden' - Dunlop
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2010 Sunflower Trophy: 'Best big bike I've ridden' - Dunlop
[Image: bikesportnewslogo.jpg]

Ballymoney's William Dunlop has said the Wilson Craig Honda he took to seventh in the second Sunflower Superbike race at Bishopscourt today is the best big bike he has ever ridden and hopes to ride it again next season.

The youngster said it was like riding a 250 and has declared that no matter what, he will be riding a Honda in senior classes in 2011. Things didn't go quite so well in the other races as Dunlop was down on speed in the 125s and ran out of fuel in the 250GP race.

"I am very pleased with how things have panned out over the weekend. The Wilson Craig Honda Superstock bike was simply awesome, the best big bike that I have ever ridden. It was just like riding a 250, and no matter what happens in 2011, I will be riding a Honda in the Senior class," said Dunlop.

"I am extremely grateful to Wilson Craig for giving me the chance to ride it at the Sunflower, and I hope that I have shown that with a competitive bike, that I can run with most out there. People have no idea just how hard those lads are riding those big Superbikes. They are doing it week in week out, and the speed of the likes of Brian McCormick and Mark Johnston's bikes where really impressive.

"I managed to take 11th in the first Superbike Race where I got into the 1m 10s bracket, so I was fairly happy even with that. Unfortunately things did not go my way in the smaller classes. My wee 125 just did not have the speed of the front runners who where lapping nearly two seconds quicker than me, but I managed to take sixth place in race one.

"In race two, I was in such a hurry to get out that I cold-seized the bike, which pitched me off, thankfully unhurt, but it was my own fault. I looked on course to be in for a third place finish in the first 250cc race, only to run out of fuel on the last lap which was a bit of an embarrassment, and in race two I just pulled in as I didn't have the speed to sit with the likes of Mark Hanna and Paul Robinson. All in all, I am really happy about how we got on, so hopefully I will be considered by Wilson Craig in 2011."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Website Find Reply