Thank you to all marshals who attended the 2010 Manx Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Thank you to all marshals who attended the 2010 Manx Grand Prix
[Image: ttmabiggif.gif]

The Isle of Man TT Marshals Association Ltd [TTMA] wishes to thank all the supporters of the TT & MGP road races and especially those visitors who made the sometimes arduous journey to the Island during 2010 to do so.

If you attended the races this year as a marshal your endeavours were very much appreciated. Without volunteers like you who make the effort to travel to the Island, the races could not continue.

If you spent your time as a spectator this year, please consider signing on as a marshal when you next return; if you are intending to watch the races why not take part as a marshal and help ensure the future of the races you enjoy watching?

The directorate and office staff of the TTMA also wishes the very best Christmas greetings and a prosperous New Year to all marshals and we hope to see many of you back on duty in 2011. If you have never visited the Island or witnessed the most awesome road races anywhere in the world, come and find us, you don’t know what you have missed.

These wishes are cordially extended to all marshals and volunteers whether Isle of Man based, from the UK or other regions of the world; without this fantastic team, on which we all rely, the racing cannot happen.

Regards,

Bill Carden IOMTTMA Ltd Press officer press@iomttma.com

Here are few a marshalling facts and details:
  • We currently need a minimum number of a little over 500 marshals out on the course for every session of practice or racing; without this number, racing cannot start.

• You do not need to live on the Isle of Man to be a marshal.

• You do not need any formal training to sign on as a marshal.

• Training, including a first aid course is strongly advised and offered free to all marshals and prospective marshals.

• The IOMTTMA Ltd presents Incident Management Courses [IMC] throughout the year in the Island and UK. It is a one day course that incorporates all race procedures and a comprehensive first aid course presented by St John Ambulance; certificated for three years on completion.

• You do need to be a minimum of 16 years old to marshal.

• Between the ages of 16 years and 18 years old you will need to obtain parent or guardian approval.

• You can marshal as many or as few sessions of practice or racing as you wish.

• You can marshal anywhere around the course.

• You will be provided with all necessary marshalling equipment; you need to provide stout clothing and your own sustenance.

• All new marshals are supported by other more experienced marshals.

Contact us for more information:

The IOMTTMA Website - http://www.iomttma.com

info@iomttma.com

training@iomttma.com
[for the availability of places on Incident Management Courses]

Isle of Man TT Marshals Association Ltd
Marshals Office
The Grandstand
Douglas
IoM
IM2 6DA

Tel 01624 618191. (Limited hours during the winter months)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply