Have you got any info on this bike ?
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Have you got any info on this bike ?
Here is a very special bike that was built as a one off by the father of TTfan Ian Huntly, whilst Ian was still a nipper.

Ian recently found this photograph of the bike and it brought back many memories for him, however there are some gaps that he is looking for help upon, in order to complete his history of the machine.

[Image: ianhuntleybsa.jpg]

Ian said:

My father built this BSA Special when I was at school and I found this pic while I was rummaging through my collection in the loft.

My Dad raced BSAs on grass and shale before WW 2 and did a lot of research on a variety of machines for BSA.

This one he had licensed and it was given the plate NPT 407 so he could ride it on the road.

I am trying to find out from the pic, just what model it is or what has gone into the development of this machine. It was used as a trials machine later in the day and Dad had some success before selling it to a top trials man of the day in the late 50s.

I hope someone out there could help me in this especially since BSA are celebrating 100 years. Any ideas please.

I believe the front forks were special ones.
11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Website Find Reply