Olli Linsdell
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
Olli Linsdell
Any news Carol?
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
19-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Olli Linsdell
(19-02-2011, 04:44 PM)an old man returns Wrote: Any news Carol?

Will brother David do?

Ol's doing good, he's been back at work a long time now and was back on a bike not long after new-year for a very cold track day. He's also doing a track day tomorow, so we'll see how he gets on!

He's still sorting his plans for next year, but with a sponsership limited it's looking likely that he have a year of doing bits and bobs, with some definate rides on the Enfield thrown in. Thanks for asking after him, I know he appreciates it!

David
20-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
(19-02-2011, 04:44 PM)an old man returns Wrote: Any news Carol?
Sorry for not replying before, but I see Davids put a bit of an update on for me.
As David says, Olie is getting on well, and has the all clear now to run and train following his pin removal, and his shoulder injury has improved enough to start weight lifting. He's started to run and train, to rebuild the muscle and strength he lost when in hospital.
He was back on his THE SMV engineering R6 at a cold damp Mallory today, and got on fine, despite severals red flag stops, when the new smooth surface caught a few out.
Race plans will be announced soon, but as David says, budgets are tight, and it's early days yet following his injury, so we'll see what pans out.

Thanks for the concern.

Carole
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
20-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

An update, following this week-ends racing.

Olie was back racing for the first time this week-end, riding Steves Seeley Enfield bullet and a Yamaha TD2 250, on loan from Roger Bryant, with the CRMC opening round at Mallory.

He took three class wins and two seconds, setting new lap records in his two classes on the way. This was despite a tip off on cold tyres and an extremely slippery new Mallory surface- in mitigation there were 40 incidents during the week-end, but he certainly knows how to bounce well!

Brother David was not so lucky, parting company with Bob Lights' 500 goldie 500 when another rider went down just in front of him at Edwinas' during the warm up lap, and David unfortunately sustained a dislocated shoulder in the process.

Carole
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2011, 01:24 AM by Carole.)
29-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Website Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
(29-03-2011, 01:22 AM)Carole Wrote: in mitigation there were 40 incidents during the week-end,

19 of them were at Edwina's, safety improvements at there best!!!

I'm also nursing a sore sholder from an off at Edwina's.

Wishing them both a speedy recovery.

I'll finish it one day!
29-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Blimey Carole, I didn't realise Olie had been off too! I see David is struggling to write with his left hand! Hope he's on the mend soon.

And Doug too! Oops! How's the bike?
29-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

(29-03-2011, 09:48 PM)Jo Rowe Wrote: Blimey Carole, I didn't realise Olie had been off too! I see David is struggling to write with his left hand! Hope he's on the mend soon.

Hi Jo,

Yes, I think they are just checking that my heart is still strong- it certainly beats well! David is still pretty sore, his shoulder and sore about the leathers! Olie is okay, just need a bit of Physio. Even Alan Oversby was off three times at the week-end- showing just how slippery it was-they were going down like nine-pins! A few battered bikes and riders without a doubt.
30-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Website Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(29-03-2011, 06:45 PM)smokey125 Wrote:
(29-03-2011, 01:22 AM)Carole Wrote: in mitigation there were 40 incidents during the week-end,

So much for the new surface then which, according to Sportmoto, the ACU magazine, "offers superb levels of grip" !!!!!!!!!
30-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

(30-03-2011, 08:09 PM)ammo Wrote:
(29-03-2011, 06:45 PM)smokey125 Wrote:

So much for the new surface then which, according to Sportmoto, the ACU magazine, "offers superb levels of grip" !!!!!!!!!

To be honest I think it will be ok by mid season. The surface is still very new and hasn't had a great deal of rain on it or use yet.
At the moment it seems to be inconsistent and gives very little warning or feedback if your getting a bit close to the limit.
Will be interesting to see what BSB makes of it.
(29-03-2011, 09:48 PM)Jo Rowe Wrote: Blimey Carole, I didn't realise Olie had been off too! I see David is struggling to write with his left hand! Hope he's on the mend soon.

Bikes fine few minor scrapes and fairing needs a little patching. It will be ready for the next meeting.

I'll finish it one day!
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2011, 08:17 PM by smokey125.)
30-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
(30-03-2011, 08:09 PM)ammo Wrote: So much for the new surface then which, according to Sportmoto, the ACU magazine, "offers superb levels of grip" !!!!!!!!!

The surface did look pretty slick, but then you'd expect that from brand new tarmac. To be honest I think the major problem was the cold and hazy conditions which couldn't have been good for grip. If they have got rid of some of the famous lumps and bumps that's not a bad thing, though I'll miss the resurfaced patch on the exit of Gerrards that was handy to judge your trajectory out of the bend!
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Website Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

(01-04-2011, 01:36 PM)Tomcat Wrote: The surface did look pretty slick, but then you'd expect that from brand new tarmac. To be honest I think the major problem was the cold and hazy conditions which couldn't have been good for grip. If they have got rid of some of the famous lumps and bumps that's not a bad thing, though I'll miss the resurfaced patch on the exit of Gerrards that was handy to judge your trajectory out of the bend!

I agree the conditions didn't help, but I've raced in simular and not seen as many people struggling like they were last weekend. People were having strange crashes. As Carole said David came off in a warm up lap incident! I was virtually upright (more like a wet crash) one of Alan's was very similar.
For what it's worth, I think if they could get out with a fire truck and give the track a good washing down 2-3 days running it would probably fix it.
As for the bumps the old transistion between the exit of edwina's and entry of esses seems to be smother, the bump up the hill to the hirpin doesn't seem to be as bad but the exit to Gerrards still feels like it's a bit bumpy but I think that is more to do with the slight crest up get there.

I'll finish it one day!
02-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
(02-04-2011, 09:01 AM)smokey125 Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 01:36 PM)Tomcat Wrote: The surface did look pretty slick, but then you'd expect that from brand new tarmac. To be honest I think the major problem was the cold and hazy conditions which couldn't have been good for grip. If they have got rid of some of the famous lumps and bumps that's not a bad thing, though I'll miss the resurfaced patch on the exit of Gerrards that was handy to judge your trajectory out of the bend!

I agree the conditions didn't help, but I've raced in simular and not seen as many people struggling like they were last weekend. People were having strange crashes. As Carole said David came off in a warm up lap incident! I was virtually upright (more like a wet crash) one of Alan's was very similar.
For what it's worth, I think if they could get out with a fire truck and give the track a good washing down 2-3 days running it would probably fix it.
As for the bumps the old transistion between the exit of edwina's and entry of esses seems to be smother, the bump up the hill to the hirpin doesn't seem to be as bad but the exit to Gerrards still feels like it's a bit bumpy but I think that is more to do with the slight crest up get there.

There were definately alot of very sudden falls with not alot of warning from the tyres; the guy who I hit went down so fast, but we were barely leant over and only travelling slow! Confused

Smokey; here's your tumble caught on film! Again, so sudden!

Smokey's demonstration!

David
02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(03-04-2011, 06:36 AM)susiehaynes Wrote: that is awful. good thing he didn't hurt his self badly.Smile

When they first re-opened Donington it was so grippy and then after a couple of years they resurfaced it with some stuff that was supposed to be much better in the wet and offer much better drainage and after a couple of spots of rain it was surprising how slow you had to go just to stay on. Lets hope it improves.
03-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

(02-04-2011, 06:14 PM)David Linsdell Wrote: There were definately alot of very sudden falls with not alot of warning from the tyres; the guy who I hit went down so fast, but we were barely leant over and only travelling slow! Confused

Smokey; here's your tumble caught on film! Again, so sudden!

Smokey's demonstration!

David

Thanks for that David, it's always interesting to see your own crashes hopefully you can learn from them! I left quite a good line up the road!

I'll finish it one day!
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011, 02:33 PM by smokey125.)
03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Aah, how GOOD did that onboard sound?!
07-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Find Reply
superted Offline

Threads: 0
(29-03-2011, 06:45 PM)smokey125 Wrote: Will be interesting to see what BSB makes of it.

BSB won't be making anything of it because they ain't going there
12-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Find Reply