Baz and Westy back on track
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Baz and Westy back on track
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]
[Image: motorpointhdr.jpg]

The Motorpoint Yamaha team were back on track at Cadwell Park today as Loris Baz and James Westmoreland joined their championship rivals for the first time this year as the pair began their preparations for the new season.

The team had a shakedown test at the end of last year in Spain, but at their home track Baz and Westmoreland used the opening day to get up to speed. Baz was getting to grips with the new circuit having never visited the Lincolnshire circuit before and believes that they made good progress on their first day whilst Westmoreland continued to adapt to the Superbike and despite a small crash in the afternoon was also feeling positive.

Baz said:

"It was a good first day at Cadwell Park and I really like this track. I love the circuit, it has nice fast corners and the Mountain is funny! It feels so good to be back out on the bike and I feel happy. We had a slight problem at the end of the day but the team knew how to fix it and we will be ready to get back out again tomorrow. I am fast through the first part of the circuit but I just need to find some more speed through the Woodlands section after the Mountain as that is where I am losing time at the moment. Today was the first session back on the Motorpoint Yamaha this year and my first time at Cadwell Park so I am happy."

Westmoreland said:

"Today was the first time we had been out on the bikes this year, so we just wanted to go out and do our own thing which we did. We need to remember that the other riders have all been testing in Spain, so we didn't push too hard today and I am really starting to get a good feeling for the Superbike now. I had a bit of an off track moment, but nothing major. We have been working to make me feel comfortable before we start making any massive changes and I am feeling happy; Cadwell Park has to be the toughest track on the BSB calendar so if we can get it right here then we will be even happier."

[Image: motorpointcadwelltest.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Website Find Reply