Sizzling Brands Hatch - Rob Mac Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sizzling Brands Hatch - Rob Mac Racing
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

The Motorpoint Yamaha pairing of Loris Baz and James Westmoreland were in incredible form for the first qualifying session of the new 2011 British Superbike Championship here at a sun kissed Brands Hatch in Kent.

With a 45 second lap total commitment and precise riding is the only way to secure a fast lap, for Loris his first time on the Indy circuit and James his first ever Superbike race weekend it was a fantastic achievement to get into the final top ten shoot out.

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 5th position 45,52

“That was incredible, I did not get the best run in the second part of the session and had to use all my tyres to make sure we made the last top ten, the last run I went faster on used tyres so we should be ok for the race, its great for the team for Westy and I to be in good shape for tomorrow big thanks to them”

James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha 9th position 45m89

“I am over the moon with that, I must admit I was a bit nervy! My first Superbike timed session with all the guys I have been watching for the last few years is a bit surreal! We managed to get a good feeling with the bike and have a great set up for race day, I feel relieved today is over and we are in the ball park for tomorrow”

Rob Mac team principal

“What a great team effort today, Loris and James gave their guys a real pat on the back with a fantastic qualifying session. To get both riders in the top ten this year you really are doing well, there are some high profile casualties who missed out. The pace we have and now a great start position sets us up for a good chance tomorrow”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Website Find Reply