AMA star Melissa Paris to wildcard at season finale
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
AMA star Melissa Paris to wildcard at season finale
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

AMA Daytona Sportbike star Melissa Paris will travel to Britain at the end of the season to compete in the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Cup Championship at the Brands Hatch season finale on a Motodex-backed Yamaha R6 with a view to competing in the series full time in 2012.

Paris, who rides an R6 in the Stateside series and has been a front-runner at the Daytona 200, is using the weekend as a taster to see how BSB works and just how competitive she is in the Cup championship. Two good race results could see the California resident up sticks and move to Britain for the whole of next year. The team have secured a bike from SMR Performance for the event but hopes to continue into the 2012 season.

[Image: melissaparis1.jpg]

Paris said:

"I am so excited to ride the Motodex Performance First Yamaha R6! I know that learning a new circuit on the fly will be a challenge but I look forward to it. I owe a huge thanks to HT Moto and Yamaha and all of my sponsors here in the US for being so supportive as well as Tony Dexter for putting together this incredible opportunity for me."

Tony Dexter of Motodex Performance First concluded:

"MotoDex Performance First UGmbH is absolutely delighted to be taking Melissa Paris to the grid for the first time in the last round of the prestigious British Supersport series at Brands Hatch, in our own livery and in our first year of business. We are not just coming to play. We have a totally professional setup, a simply awesome Yamaha R6 and Melissa has proven herself time and again that she can run with the 'big boys'. Be in no doubt, she is a tough cookie and an out-and-out racer and we've put together a stunningly competitive package and support crew for her."
16-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Website Find Reply