Please Read
George Offline

Threads: 50
Please Read
[Image: img043.jpg]

Above is a leter being circulated by the Race support operators at the MGP. Its in responce to a recent topic posted on here. It has also been revealed that a charity set up in the name of Joey Dunlop to raise funds to help injured riders has had to pay £400 to pitch a tent in the paddock (disgusting) Also the Arai support van of Crossans has been moved to the far end of Nobles park Why.
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2011, 09:01 AM by George.)
29-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Please Read
(29-08-2011, 08:59 AM)George Wrote: [Image: img043.jpg]

Above is a leter being circulated by the Race support operators at the MGP. Its in responce to a recent topic posted on here. It has also been revealed that a charity set up in the name of Joey Dunlop to raise funds to help injured riders has had to pay £400 to pitch a tent in the paddock (disgusting) Also the Arai support van of Crossans has been moved to the far end of Nobles park Why.

Best ask paul phillips he as all the answers but i dont think he visits this site.
29-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
It seems to me that the Manx Grand Prix is no longer to be a race meeting for the racers.I readily admit that the event has been underwritten by the government in order that it may break even but now it would appear that will no longer be the case.

Hence the involvement of the TT & Motorsports Developement Officer to (a) raise the profile of the event and (b) raise the money to pay for it,so as to be a cost neutral occasion to the exchequer,or even profitable.

This may well be a desirable course of action in affluent times but I feel there is now a very,very fine line which some may prefer not to cross and will stay at home.That could include riders,traders and visitors.

I count myself fortunate to have been racing 30 years ago and not now,such a shame that the bottom line is all important now.
30-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
It seems to me that the Manx Grand Prix is no longer to be a race meeting for the racers.I readily admit that the event has been underwritten by the government in order that it may break even but now it would appear that will no longer be the case.

Hence the involvement of the TT & Motorsports Developement Officer to (a) raise the profile of the event and (b) raise the money to pay for it,so as to be a cost neutral occasion to the exchequer,or even profitable.

This may well be a desirable course of action in affluent times but I feel there is now a very,very fine line which some may prefer not to cross and will stay at home.That could include riders,traders and visitors.

I count myself fortunate to have been racing 30 years ago and not now,such a shame that the bottom line is all important now.

Sums up my feelings in every respect, Brett.

Larry Devlin
30-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(30-08-2011, 10:28 PM)larryd Wrote: It seems to me that the Manx Grand Prix is no longer to be a race meeting for the racers.I readily admit that the event has been underwritten by the government in order that it may break even but now it would appear that will no longer be the case.

Sums up my feelings in every respect, Brett.

Larry Devlin

Quite a lot of people had signed this when me and my mate added our two pennorth to it, but I doubt if "The Powers that be" will take any notice , after all, its a Commercial Event now, not a Sporting event.
04-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Find Reply