New Footbridge on TT Circuit
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New Footbridge on TT Circuit
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]

A footbridge linking the new secondary school at Bemahague in Onchan with the Governor’s Hill estate, in Douglas, will soon be in place.

This week, the Mountain Road has been closed between Signpost Corner and Governor’s Bridge, while a team of workers install the 50-tonne bridge.

Department of Education and Children estates director Richard Collister said the bridge would provide safe pedestrian access over the busy A18 TT course at Hailwood Avenue corner.

It is hoped that the bridge – which has a clear span of 22 metres – will be in use by the public by late November.

Read the complete story - HERE

[Image: ttbridge.jpg]

14-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: New Footbridge on TT Circuit
All very well but why has the Bungalow footbridge been taken away ?
16-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Maybe this IS the Bungalow bridge in a new place !!

Seriously, what HAS happened to the Bungalow area ? They keep saying that they are laying new railway lines but all that lovely grass has been torn up and it all looks like they are either building a new Manx Space HQ or they are re-building the old Bungalow Hotel which I have been begging for them to consider...

More photos needed please
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011, 12:50 PM by ian huntly.)
19-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Sorry I can't supply photos Ian but my Missus goes past the Bungalow every day and she assures me that there are piles of rotten sleepers in the compound.Of course that does not explain the whereabouts of the bridge.The new one is just that,new, and very fancy to boot.

BTW Ian you seem to have a very good memory for Kinleys guess the year comp, whats the secret ?
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011, 09:49 PM by beepee.)
25-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Being 72 with 65 years of TTs behind me helps, then I have a vast collection of facts both in the loft and in my head.........

Then I ask my wife..

If we are really stuck, and I promise it is only when I hit the brick wall, I start consulting Wikipedia !!

If I am impatient it is Yahoo.

The chances of me, an off-islander, winning a £20 voucher is very remote but I like listening to Manx Radio while I am working on my computer.........And to hear that my "research" has given good answers is nice !

Wikipedia is great because we can learn so much extra about the Kinley Question Answers !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
25-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Website Find Reply