Hutchinson tests 2012 TT Superbike ahead of Macau return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson tests 2012 TT Superbike ahead of Macau return
[Image: bikesportnewslogo.jpg]

SMR Performance’s Ian Hutchinson spent yesterday at Donington Park testing the Swan Yamaha Superbike he will ride at next year’s Isle of Man TT, completing 50 laps at the Leicestershire track as his last preparations before flying out for the Macau Grand Prix in the middle of next month.

Hutchinson, who had an initial shakedown on the FIM-spec YZR-R1 at Mallory Park last week, is still using the innovative right-hand gearshift made especially by the SMR Performance Centre technicians and has also had a thumb-operated rear brake installed as well. The eight-time TT winner spent the day running on the Dunlop slicks he will use at Macau.

“It was really good. Unfortunately, we only got half a day as the track was wet in the morning but when it dried out, the bike was mega, we got four sessions in over the afternoon and did some good work in readiness for Macau next month,” said Hutchinson.

“Laptimes were good and we didn’t change a lot in terms of setup from the Mallory shakedown. The bike felt a little bit different and we changed fork springs but that was it and that’s how it will go in the crate ready to get shipped.

“The right-hand gear-change will stay as I am used to it now and the data shows I’m shifting as well with it as with the left now. I put a bit of effort in by riding a road-registered quadbike which has a shift on the right, so I’m getting on well with it now. It’s feels really natural.”

29-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Website Find Reply
Lee Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Hutchinson tests 2012 TT Superbike ahead of Macau return
Less than a month later he finishes 3rd in Macau!

Wow!
20-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Find Reply