"Surreal atmosphere" in the San Carlo Gresini box
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
"Surreal atmosphere" in the San Carlo Gresini box
[Image: sancarlohondahdr.jpg]

The first day of practice at the Grand Prix of Valencia, the first without 'Super Sic', was a very sad and surreal one in the Team San Carlo Honda Gresini garage. Marco Simoncelli has left a gaping hole behind him and the feeling of sadness was tangible today. Hiroshi Aoyama is desperate to honour his team-mate in the best way possible but he struggled for grip today on a slippery track surface and eventually crashed at the end of this afternoon's wet session.

[Image: gresinivalencia1jpg.jpg]

Hiroshi Aoyama (14th 1’ 47” 581 – 15° 1’ 53” 286)

”The conditions made life hard today and I had a crash. The grip levels weren't the best and even though I tried to find the limit it was very hard and I am not happy with the result. I hope I can be faster tomorrow and on Sunday. This is an important Grand Prix for me because it is my last in MotoGP and I am desperate to have a good race to honour Marco, who we are all missing greatly. I will try to do my best for all these reasons.”

Fausto Gresini

“There is so much sadness in our garage today. The atmosphere was surreal without 'Super Sic' there and it has been extremely difficult to tackle the day. It goes without saying that he is missed but it was important for us to be here and honour his memory because I am sure this is what he would want. Hiroshi tried to find the limit in difficult conditions but it was tough for him. I am sure he will give his best on Sunday in Marco's name.”

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM by Malcolm.)
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Website Find Reply