Advice about Marshaling
John Mac Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Advice about Marshaling
Hi
I'm attending my first TT next year and will be on my own for the first 3 days from Tues 29th .Do you think it a good idea to volunteer to marshal at my first TT? I've done some RoSPA training but don't hold any formal advanced riding qualifications, albeit I've held a motorcycle license since 1966.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated be it positive or otherwise.

I've booked camping for 8 nights at St Georges AFC which I believe is quite central to Douglas.

Thanks John[/size]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 09:05 AM by John Mac.)
10-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Advice about Marshaling

Hey Up,
When you go to sign on at the paddock office you will be allocated a place to be,this will be with marshals who have done the TT before and at no time will you be left on your own.
I marshaled at the Manx a few years ago and since then have done Moto GP,Superkart GP,Motocross GP,car marshaling and club race marshaling all over the UK.
I would like to get over to the TT or Manx again,but it's so expensive to get over I might not make it again.
Marshaling over here you sometimes get a little travel money and some clubs give you a breakfast voucher + packed lunch,at EMRA meetings at Mallory you get a bag of treats = can of drink,crisps,sweets and a banana!
The best thing is you are with other people who are there for the same goal,which is to help the sport out and then have a good time in the evening.

11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
John,

[Image: ttmalogo.gif]

Have you had a look at the TT marshalls website ?

On there, you will find loads of information and advice on what marshalling at the TT/MGP entails, and what you should do if you wish to volunteer.

Their website can be found on http://www.iomttma.com/

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your adventures with them.

Malcolm

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 11:40 AM by Malcolm.)
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
........also, you can introduce yourself on the Marshal's Forum within this link.

http://www.between-the-hedges.com/phpbb3...425400c9b4

Don't forget to sign-up for one of the Incident Management Courses, after you have had a bit of hands-on experience under the more senior guys and gals.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
13-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Find Reply
pppdrive Offline

Threads: 0
Welcome John, I'm sure you'd enjoy the experience. I went to watch the MGP one year, heard they were short of Marshals, so joined up and now do both TT and MGP each year. Just wish I'd done it a lot earlier as it's a good way to put something back into the sport I've enjoyed watching for so many years. I was 'allocated' to Whitegates in Ramsey and was lucky to have 3 very experienced Marshals who took me under their wing. Gloves are a must as are supplies of drink and food as not every Marshals post is near to shops etc.
Paul
13-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Find Reply