Luxury hospitality
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Luxury hospitality
I have just received notification of a Luxury Platinum two day VIP break at the 2012 TT, the cost £ 1,649.00. For all those people that are in a position to take advantage of this break, I hope that they have a wonderful time.....However, part of the package is a trip around the TT circuit in a official TT car during " Roads closed ".. For many years I, amongst a number of people that I know have asked if we can be allowed to to sit in one of the official TT cars to do a lap during "Roads Closed ". I have always been told, including last year that the TT insurance policy would not allow this.
It now appears that if you pay £1,649 for a luxury two day break you qualify for this most sought after trip in a official TT car on closed roads. May I ask somebody how much of this £1,649 is insurance for the ride.

Please, somebody who knows the answer to this, will they let us know ?
20-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
Big Gar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Luxury hospitality
That would be interesting to know. This 1,649 pound luxury VIP experience, is that the fee for one single day of this or is it inclusive of the entire fortnight?

Gar
22-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

The £1649.00 luxury VIP experience is for 2 days only. This does not include travel to the IOM. I spoke to Regency travel in the IOM and asked if part of this £1649.00 included the insurance for the lap in a official car during roads closed, they told me that as far as they knew it did not.
22-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
(22-12-2011, 02:16 PM)pat slinn Wrote: The £1649.00 luxury VIP experience is for 2 days only. This does not include travel to the IOM. I spoke to Regency travel in the IOM and asked if part of this £1649.00 included the insurance for the lap in a official car during roads closed, they told me that as far as they knew it did not.

Speaking personally, and with some 31 years' experience in the insurance of Motor Sports, I should be very surprised indeed if the ACU Insurers would look with favour on this arrangement.

What planet are these people living on ?

Huh
22-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I too am concerned about the insurance situation since I was also turned down for a lap in the car !

How does it apply to one and not the other ?

....and what about car manufacturers doing fast laps, is this going to happen in 2012 ?
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Hi, I hope that everybody had a good Christmas and New year.

Has any "powers to be", members of the TT organizing committee, IOM Government, people from Regency travel, TT insurers, or anybody in the know, read my post about insurance for a trip around the TT circuit during roads closed in a official car ?. If so can somebody let us know....or is it confidential ??.
03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

I have now heard from a very senior member of the ACU regarding my posting about a ride around the TT course in a official car during roads closed. This gentleman has been very honest and open in his reply to me, and I thank him for that . He has told me that in the past when people have asked for a ride around the TT course in a official car during roads closed they have been told that the TT insurers would not permit this to members of the public at any price !!. He tells me that this reason is not strictly true and in the past the "insurance" card has been overplayed, and in his opinion the real reason has been, if they allow one person the privilege,.......well where do they draw the line. However, he tells me that a TT hospitality package has sold well, and the people that have paid for this package WILL be given the privilege of a lap around the TT course in an official car during roads closed ( I believe that this hospitality package sells for £1,649.00). I am also told that the TT insurance company and their brokers are content for this to take place, as appropriate cover has been put in place. I also believe that this opportunity is available to VIP's, dignatories and guests of the organizers.

This indeed has answered my original question, however I know of people who have sponsored the normal club rider, people who have supplied for many years tyres and fuel for riders, race engineers, people who have helped keep the TT going even during the lean years, from out of their own pockets !, and I presume that they have all been given the same excuse when they have asked for a "ride".

As I have already said, I thank this gentleman for his honesty and openness, it is regrettable that nobody from the IOM TT organizing committee has been as honest and open regarding this particular "perk",
29-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

Threads: 17
Also a lap of the TT in one of the helicopters is part of the VIP rip ????????????
29-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I would be interested what has been decided as a "lap round the course in an official car while roads are closed" for those in the VIP Experience.

Is this car the same car that opens and closes the roads ????

I am afraid that the VIP lap will not be the same lap that the roads opening car does !

I picture a fairly sedate lap (all wheels on the ground), yet the passenger still gets a pair of clean free undies. The VIP laps will be no where as fast as a Mylchreest lap ! Hence an insurance cover applies.

Just my opinion !!

I would still like a lap for Pat and if poss, one for me...................k
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
29-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Website Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
I have done a third of a lap with Mr Mylchreest (recovery between races) he takes no prisoners and it was an experience I will never forget. Shame it took the demise of my bike to warrant it though.

I thank you Mr Mylchreest
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
29-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Find Reply