Kneen switches to Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kneen switches to Suzuki
[Image: dankneenhdr.jpg]

Isle of Man rider Dan Kneen is aiming high for 2012 and has switched to Suzuki power as he and the Marks Bloom Racing team launch an assault on the Metzeler National 1000 Superstock Championship.

Kneen will receive technical support from TAS Racing as he bids for glory on both the short circuits and the roads and is looking to build on his previous results of a fourth place in the 2009 Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship and a second place the following year in the British Supersport Cup. Last season Kneen moved into the British Superbike Evo Championship and despite missing rounds due to injuries, he went on to score points in eight rounds with a best finish of fourth at Brands Hatch.

[Image: dankneengeneral.jpg]

Kneen said:

"It's great to have everything all in place so early and I can't wait for the new season to start. Having new machinery is a terrific boost to all of us and we should be able to raise our game considerably. I've ridden Suzukis before and gone well and receiving support from the TAS Racing team will only strengthen our cause. I'm really looking forward to contesting the Superstock Championship as well as the roads and the plan is to be running up the front from the off. 2011 was a tough year in the BSB Evo Championship but I learnt a lot and the Suzuki should be very competitive so I'm confident I can give a good account of myself."

From Manx Radio

Dan Kneen and the Marks Bloom Racing team have switched to Suzuki power for the 2012 season.

The 24 year-old will contest the international road races in all classes, including the TT and the National 1000cc Superstock Championship.

He will also receive technical support from TAS Racing who's Tyco sponsored team is campaigning Guy Martin and Ramsey rider Conor Cummins.

It's the fourth consecutive year that Kingston upon Thames Chartered Accountants and Insolvency Practitioners Marks Bloom has supplied machinery for Braddan rider Kneen.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM by Malcolm.)
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Website Find Reply