ENTRIES FOR THE 2012 MANX GRAND PRIX NOW OPEN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ENTRIES FOR THE 2012 MANX GRAND PRIX NOW OPEN
[Image: mmccgif.gif]

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Manx Grand Prix in 2012, the most sporting races of the year. We are very pleased to announce our exciting race programme commencing with the 3 class Newcomers race and culminating on the final race day with the Classic Superbike & Junior Post Classic and Senior MGP races. We will be working very closely with the Department of Economic Development to deliver another successful event which will form the main part of the Manx Grand Prix Festival.

Below you will find some important information in respect of your entry in this year’s Manx Grand Prix:

The final closing date is 5pm on Saturday 9 June.

Entries may either be completed online by clicking here or by downloading and printing an entry form by clicking here. Entries will remain provisional until payment has been collected. All riders must include a recent passport size/type photograph with the entry form. See Regulation 7 for details.

Entry forms submitted online or received at our office after 5pm on Friday 27 April will automatically incur a one off administration fee of £25.00. However Newcomers in Modern, Classic & Classic Superbike/Junior Post Classic classes will be exempt.

An email will be sent to you to confirm your entry has been received by this office and you will be notified as soon as possible if your entry has been accepted or held in abeyance. Details of the Steam Packet discount for competitors will be sent with confirmation of acceptance.

All entries are subject to the issuing of a TT Mountain Course Licence by the ACU. The TT Mountain Course Licence application form must be completed and returned to the ACU at the address shown on the form by 14 July. Please note the issue of such a licence by the ACU does not guarantee your acceptance into the event.

One of the most important initiatives is to recruit new competitors to the MGP and following on from 2011 we look forward again to successful visits by potential Newcomers and our enthusiastic MGP Ambassadors, supported by the Mike Hailwood Foundation. If there is anyone you know who might be interested in entering the MGP, now or in the future, please encourage them to contact this office or one of the MGP Ambassadors who will be happy to discuss all aspects of the event.

We look forward to seeing you in August and wish you a successful and safe racing season.

Click here to download a copy of the 2012 Manx Grand Prix Regulations

Click here to download a copy of the 2012 Mountain Course Licence application form

Caroline Etherington
Secretary of the Meeting
05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Website Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
RE: ENTRIES FOR THE 2012 MANX GRAND PRIX NOW OPEN
(05-03-2012, 04:06 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: mmccgif.gif]

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Manx Grand Prix in 2012, the most sporting races of the year. We are very pleased to announce our exciting race programme commencing with the 3 class Newcomers race and culminating on the final race day with the Classic Superbike & Junior Post Classic and Senior MGP races. We will be working very closely with the Department of Economic Development to deliver another successful event which will form the main part of the Manx Grand Prix Festival.

Below you will find some important information in respect of your entry in this year’s Manx Grand Prix:

The final closing date is 5pm on Saturday 9 June.

Entries may either be completed online by clicking here or by downloading and printing an entry form by clicking here. Entries will remain provisional until payment has been collected. All riders must include a recent passport size/type photograph with the entry form. See Regulation 7 for details.

Entry forms submitted online or received at our office after 5pm on Friday 27 April will automatically incur a one off administration fee of £25.00. However Newcomers in Modern, Classic & Classic Superbike/Junior Post Classic classes will be exempt.

An email will be sent to you to confirm your entry has been received by this office and you will be notified as soon as possible if your entry has been accepted or held in abeyance. Details of the Steam Packet discount for competitors will be sent with confirmation of acceptance.

All entries are subject to the issuing of a TT Mountain Course Licence by the ACU. The TT Mountain Course Licence application form must be completed and returned to the ACU at the address shown on the form by 14 July. Please note the issue of such a licence by the ACU does not guarantee your acceptance into the event.

One of the most important initiatives is to recruit new competitors to the MGP and following on from 2011 we look forward again to successful visits by potential Newcomers and our enthusiastic MGP Ambassadors, supported by the Mike Hailwood Foundation. If there is anyone you know who might be interested in entering the MGP, now or in the future, please encourage them to contact this office or one of the MGP Ambassadors who will be happy to discuss all aspects of the event.

We look forward to seeing you in August and wish you a successful and safe racing season.

Click here to download a copy of the 2012 Manx Grand Prix Regulations

Click here to download a copy of the 2012 Mountain Course Licence application form

Caroline Etherington
Secretary of the Meeting

I see the fleecing charge is now called an "Administration fee" then.
07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
I hope all the classes will be full this year...!! Good Luck to all the racers..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012, 08:53 AM by Gstarron.)
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
(11-03-2012, 08:52 AM)Gstarron Wrote: I hope all the classes will be full this year...!! Good Luck to all the racers..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron

Are you bringing the Goldie Ron, or were you (understandably) put off by last year?

David

14-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Well... here is the first public announcement on me... last week I had major surgery.... I had Kidney Cancer... and less than an hour ago, I got home from the hospital....

BUT, if I am able and can find the funds... there is NO other place in the world I would rather be than on the IOM for the Manx...!!!

It also looks like I would need a rider, as Ago sadly is out for this year.... But I hope to see everyone there..!!!!

Cheers..!!

Ron

(14-03-2012, 08:31 PM)David Linsdell Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 08:52 AM)Gstarron Wrote: I hope all the classes will be full this year...!! Good Luck to all the racers..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron

Are you bringing the Goldie Ron, or were you (understandably) put off by last year?

David

24-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
(24-03-2012, 11:12 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Well... here is the first public announcement on me... last week I had major surgery.... I had Kidney Cancer... and less than an hour ago, I got home from the hospital....

BUT, if I am able and can find the funds... there is NO other place in the world I would rather be than on the IOM for the Manx...!!!

It also looks like I would need a rider, as Ago sadly is out for this year.... But I hope to see everyone there..!!!!

Cheers..!!

Ron
Good to see you are so positive in your posting, so often the postings by members of this forum are so negative. Hopefully you will be at the 2012 MGP.

Cheers..!!!

Ron

David

24-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
David Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to hear your bad news - wishing all the positive thoughts in the world your way for a full recovery!

If you are wanting to run a bike again, once you have had a bit more time to think about it, send me a PM and I can put you in touch with a few good guys, with classic experience that you might get on with!

I want to see as many classic entries as possible, but your good health is the most important thing.

Take care,

David

25-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(24-03-2012, 11:30 PM)chris Wrote:
(24-03-2012, 11:12 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Well... here is the first public announcement on me... last week I had major surgery.... I had Kidney Cancer... and less than an hour ago, I got home from the hospital....

Cheers..!!

Ron
Good to see you are so positive in your posting, so often the postings by members of this forum are so negative. Hopefully you will be at the 2012 MGP.

Cheers..!!!

Ron

David

Sorry to hear about your recent illness Ron and I hope that you are feeling a lot better after your stay in hospital. Take care of yourself in recovery and just do what is right for you and no one else, as I know for myself it is the only way to go. Wishing you good health in the future and of course hoping to see you back across here for the Manx in the near future.

I'm sure that I speak for many people who know you Ron, and who have been unaware of your illness.

Malcolm

(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012, 03:04 PM by Malcolm.)
25-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Website Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

You guys are GREAT...!! When I learned of my ahem condition... well... I took an attitude.. I have loved the IOM, the people, and the MGP since my first visit in 2000... and the thought of not getting there again just goes against my grain, so to speak... Instead of saying woa is me.. or being depressed, I would dream of this summer's Manx... and all the wonderful people, of course. In fact, I took my small DVD player... and viewed my favorite 3 videos, MGP 2007, TT Circuit Guide, and of course, George Formby - No Limits... Talk about keeping my mind going forward..! Yes....

So, for all the pain, etc... it (to some degree) did not matter... being with all of you is what counts...

Amazingly enough.. my good pal Dave (went to the IOM 3 times with..) is the guy the drove me up and back to the hospital... I got home around 4 pm yesterday, and then last night we went in to the garage and pored over the Goldie racer... Dave gave me some good tips...

I really hope to make it this summer... that is my goal...!! I miss you all very much..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron Big Grin
25-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Hi All..!!

OK, I now know of TWO Yanks that are serious about racing the MGP.. for next year... but at least one already has his airline tickets and accomodation for this year..!! I hope they both post here and introduce themselves.. Oh yes, both are named Bill...

I love it..!!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron
05-04-2012, 02:52 AM
Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
Remember entries close this Friday 5pm if you want to avoid the £25.00 extra charge.

The final FINAL closing date is 5pm on Saturday 9 June
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012, 08:28 AM by an old man returns.)
24-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Find Reply