William Dunlop to Ride in Lightweight TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop to Ride in Lightweight TT
[Image: emeraldracinglogo.jpg]

Emerald Road Racing magazine can confirm that William Dunlop will be riding the ex-Wayne Hamilton Kawasaki ER6 in the newly introduced Lightweight TT, which will be held on Friday 8th June, prior to the Senior TT.

The Ballymoney rider tested the 650cc SuperTwin machine recently at Bishopscourt saying afterwards: ‘Its a fun bike to ride.’

An exclusive report and interview with William will be in the next edition of Emerald Road Racing.

--- / ---

Taken From Williams Website.

William Dunlop has added his name to the growing ranks of entries for the 2012 Supertwins TT Race after the Ballymoney rider took in some testing time at Bishopscourt Racing circuit in Co-Down at the weekend.
Riding the Trackday Tools 650 which was ridden by Wayne Hamilton in 2011, Dunlop was impressed with the bike and said that he was looking forward to making his Supertwins debut at the TT this year.

William Dunlop:

"I only decided to give the Supertwins a go after I was approached by Davy Hamilton to ride the bike in this year’s TT Races. I like Davy and get on with him so my decision was quite an easy one to make. I was impressed with how fast the bike was and it is completely different to ride than I was expecting, but it was fun to get some laps in under my belt and hopefully I will get out on her again in the near future. There are no plans for me to ride the Supertwin at the Irish Nationals or the North West 200 as I want to give my Sponsor Wilson Craig every once of energy that I have at the North West and the TT on the Honda's and I will be aiming for making the podium at both those races in 2012".

[Image: wdunloper650shot.jpg]
William cranks over the Trackday Tools 650 Kawasaki at Kirkistown at the weekend.

pic by - Derek Clegg.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012, 06:28 PM by Malcolm.)
07-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Website Find Reply