Happy Maria lands TT ride
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Happy Maria lands TT ride
[Image: mariaclogo.gif]

Maria Costello will contest this year’s Isle of Man TT on board a Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki ZX10R, the Spratton racer has announced.

Costello will use the Pr1mo BKR liveried Kawasaki ZX10R in the Superstock 1000, Superbike and Senior classes at the event – due to start at the end of May – and at other selected road race events this year, as well as receiving back-up from the organisation’s elite superbike team at all meetings.

[Image: mariacatpr1mo.jpg]
Maria Costello pictured at Pr1mo in Rushden with the bike she will be competing on in this year's TT

She said: “I’m so pleased to have been given this great opportunity from a local company such as Pr1mo.

“The TT is going to be part of a great year and I’m feeling really excited about all the racing ahead of me.”

“I’m especially thrilled about contesting the new TT Lightweight class on my ‘pizza race bike’ Supertwin, that I built with my boyfriend.”

Costello has competed in a race around the TT course almost every year since making her motorcycle racing debut at the Manx Grand Prix in 1996, and was the first woman to finish on the podium in a race at the event.

Peter Extance, Bournemouth Kawasaki Racing Team Owner, said: “We are very pleased to be able to back and work with Maria on a Pr1mo BKR ZX10R for 2012.

“The team has a big presence on the roads with James Hillier, and it will be great to be able to support Maria with her road racing this season.”

As well as racing modern bikes, Costello will compete on classic machinery throughout the 2012 season, including racing the Team Classic Suzuki XR69 in the Classic Racing Motorcycle Club short circuit championship and Manx Grand Prix, and a Bob Jackson Suzuki T20 at the Cookstown 100, Pre and Post TT, and Manx Grand Prix.

Direct Copy from Northampton Chronicle & Echo. pic by Jamie Lorriman.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM by Malcolm.)
09-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Website Find Reply