Simon Andrews returns to the Isle of Man to prepare for 2012 TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Simon Andrews returns to the Isle of Man to prepare for 2012 TT Races
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Simon Andrews, the fastest newcomer at the 2011 TT Races, has returned to the Isle of Man to familiarise himself with the track again ahead of his 2012 TT campaign. The Worcestershire-based rider will team up with 17 time TT Champion John McGuinness in the Honda Legends team for the 2012 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy.

Andrews, who has recovered from the broken leg from his crash at Snetterton in July last year, is returning to competitive action for the Honda TT Legends team in the 24 Hour World Endurance race at Bol D’or on the 14th April. He has testing scheduled this week at Snetterton, which will be his first time back on a bike following his injury, before heading to Magny Cours the following week. Andrews will be part of a four strong line up for Honda Legends in World Endurance with Australian Cameron Donald and 2011 Monster Energy Supersport Race winner Gary Johnson.

Andrews will compete on the Isle of Man aboard the 2012 version of the CBR1000RR Fireblade in the Dainese Superbike and PokerStars Senior TT Races, and will also race a Fireblade in the Royal London 360 Superstock race. He’s also signed up for the new Supertwin Lightweight TT and will campaign for Paul Shoesmith’s Ice Valley racing by Motorsave Trade ltd outfit on an ER6 Kawasaki.

[Image: siandrewsatgrandstand.jpg]

Andrews commented:

“It was great to get back to the Isle of Man and familiarise myself with the course again and I’ve definitely found some sectors where I can improve on last year. I’m now just looking forward to getting back on a bike and getting race fit for the 2012 TT.”

Paul Phillips commented:

“Simon Andrews is a great professional and is applying himself really well to learning the course and his approach will I’m sure pay dividends in June. He’s deserved his place in the factory team on the basis of his performance in his debut season last year and I’m sure that on strong machinery he’ll do well.”

Pic By Dave Kneen at ManxPhotosOnline.com
13-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply