Dan Cooper looks to build on promising 2011 TT performance
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dan Cooper looks to build on promising 2011 TT performance
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Following on from his strong performance at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races, Dan Cooper will once again team up with Centurion Racing for the 2012 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy which starts on Saturday 26th May.

Cooper from Stroud, who was competing in only his second TT last year, managed to win four bronze replicas and recorded a best lap time of 122.583mph in the Senior TT on his way to 24th place.

Now the former British 125GP champion and the Cornwall-based race team will be returning to tackle both races in the Supersport class aboard a 675cc Triumph, and the Superstock TT, Superbike and Senior TTs aboard a Honda Fireblade.

Paul Rees, Team Principal, said:

"Last year was a fantastic experience for the whole team and we enjoyed the entire fortnight so we hope to repeat that this season. We have our plans in place early so we can focus on giving Dan the best chance of improving on his magnificent results that he achieved through his professionalism and maturity. He's been working hard on his fitness which should stand him in good stead for this year's races and hopefully he will be able to build on the successes from last year."

[Image: dancooper1.jpg]

24 year old Cooper said:

"After competing at the 2011 TT, I believe I'm still on a high as the adrenaline, excitement and the thrill of competing at the event will never leave me. I was delighted with the overall results last year in only my second attempt and was particularly pleased to lap at over 122mph in the Senior. I'm already in training and am looking forward to all five races with Centurion Racing."

Paul Phillips, TT and Motorsport Development Manager, Isle of Man Government commented:

“Dan epitomizes the quality up and coming riders that the TT is now attracting which is bringing real depth to the field. He is highly talented and will I’m sure go on to be a TT star for many years to come.”

14-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Website Find Reply