Pearson ties up late roads deal
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Pearson ties up late roads deal
[Image: mpearsononbike1.jpg]

Accomplished national road racer Michael Pearson has put together a late deal to remain in the sport in 2012 after finding himself contemplating a bleak season with no machinery.

The Lisburn rider was facing the prospect of watching from the sidelines this year after he failed to reach agreement with Derek Wray to continue riding a 1000cc BMW for D&G Wray Racing.

Pearson rode Wray’s S1000RR machine last year but when both parties were unable to shake hands on a new deal it looked as though the former Irish Superbike champion would be left with no option but to take an enforced break from road racing in 2012.

However, in a fortunate turn of events, Pearson will now ride an ex-SMT Honda Fireblade in the Irish national and selected international road races this season after the machine was purchased jointly by the Michael Pearson ‘36’ Supporters Club and Comber motorcycle enthusiast Richard Rawson, who stepped in at the last minute to help close the deal.

And Pearson received a further boost when he was able to reach agreement with Wray to compete in the Supersport class on the Yamaha R6 machine he rode last year, with additional backing provided by long-term sponsor Carryduff Forklifts.

“What a different a day makes,” Pearson said. “This time last week we had nothing and now we have two machines for 2012.

“Without the help of Richard Rawson and the ‘36’ Supporters Club I wouldn’t be out on a Superbike this season. I’m indebted to both parties for all their help.

“D&GW Racing and I were unable to agree a suitable situation regarding the BMW Superstock bike in 2012 and it looked like our relationship was finished,”
he added.

“But then after a positive meeting between myself and D&GW Racing during the week we came to a very suitable agreement with the Supersport Yamaha, which I will ride for D&GW Racing and Carryduff Forklifts this season.

“The bike has undergone a massive rebuild over the winter with Race Techniques in England, so I’m confident that we’ve as good a ‘600’ out on the roads this year as anyone else,”
said Pearson.

“I owe D&GW Racing a massive debt of thanks for putting their faith in me for a second season, and also my employer Carryduff Forklifts for sticking by me again in what are difficult economic times.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
21-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Website Find Reply