Please read Future of racing
FCM Offline

Threads: 17
Please read Future of racing
From Manx Radio News http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=58766
Listen to the audio clip

What a load of Tosh, the MGP can never become a classic meeting, the whole future of road racing depends on young riders/newcomers cutting their teeth at events like the MGP. Mr W says that its now a lot easier for riders to get an entry at the TT than it used to be, sorry Mr W total tosh again. The races at the TT are restricted to 70 riders now and all the IOM Gov want here is BSB type riders. For many many years the TT has been fed by riders from the MGP and the MGP is now the place to go for some of the ex TT riders who still want to go and race and enjoy themselves (where have most classic riders come from ).
Yes it is nice for the fans to see some of the Top BSB riders competing at the TT and they are paid very well for their services. But only has to have a fatality to a BSB rider to put the rest off and then where will the TT be, begging for riders out of the MGP.
The MGP has less pressure on a rider to do well, its a place where a rider can learn or see if its really what he wants to do without being in the way of others so to speak. Asking a rider with very little real road racing experience to go straight into the TT and try and qualify at over 115mph is pure madness in my view, it could also be very expensive if the rider fails to qualify.
Last year the MGP attracted over 50 newcomers all paying their own way and this year so far 56 newcomers have signed up how many newcomers has the TT attracted this year where a rider has paid his own way, not many I bet

And finally Mr W most of your members where given the chance to race modern bikes at the MGP at the start of their careers, do your members now want to stop others from having the same chance.
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012, 01:20 PM by FCM.)
30-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Please read Future of racing
(30-03-2012, 01:12 PM)FCM Wrote: From Manx Radio News http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=58766
Listen to the audio clip

What a load of Tosh, the MGP can never become a classic meeting, the whole future of road racing depends on young riders/newcomers cutting their teeth at events like the MGP. Mr W says that its now a lot easier for riders to get an entry at the TT than it used to be, sorry Mr W total tosh again. The races at the TT are restricted to 70 riders now and all the IOM Gov want here is BSB type riders. For many many years the TT has been fed by riders from the MGP and the MGP is now the place to go for some of the ex TT riders who still want to go and race and enjoy themselves (where have most classic riders come from ).
Yes it is nice for the fans to see some of the Top BSB riders competing at the TT and they are paid very well for their services. But only has to have a fatality to a BSB rider to put the rest off and then where will the TT be, begging for riders out of the MGP.
The MGP has less pressure on a rider to do well, its a place where a rider can learn or see if its really what he wants to do without being in the way of others so to speak. Asking a rider with very little real road racing experience to go straight into the TT and try and qualify at over 115mph is pure madness in my view, it could also be very expensive if the rider fails to qualify.
Last year the MGP attracted over 50 newcomers all paying their own way and this year so far 56 newcomers have signed up how many newcomers has the TT attracted this year where a rider has paid his own way, not many I bet

And finally Mr W most of your members where given the chance to race modern bikes at the MGP at the start of their careers, do your members now want to stop others from having the same chance.
Totally agree with FCM on his comments.
30-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
FCM may beclassified as a Junior Member but he speaks with a great maturity and says what a lot of us are thinking.

The TT seems to be trying to go along a new cloudy tangent which could do more harm than good. I'm all for trying new things but consider what they could do to this precious, long-standing event.

The same applies to the Manx which was always supposed to be short pants Primary School before graduating to the long-trousers Senior School.

Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM by ian huntly.)
01-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Yes Ian, FCM is talking a lot of sense. Money and the making it at the TT seems the pre occupation of the authorities. I believe that the TT made a awful lot of money last year, I would like to know in percentage terms how much of that money was ploughed back into the TT, and how much was diverted for general spending.?. Also I believe that the TT is being turned into something that it is not.
03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
FCM Offline

03-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Find Reply