Manx Telecom launches Ramsey Rocket Sponsorship for 2012 Season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Manx Telecom launches Ramsey Rocket Sponsorship for 2012 Season
[Image: manxtelecomlogobig.jpg]

Manx Telecom is sponsoring ‘Ramsey Rocket’ Conor Cummins for the 2012 season.

Conor, the fastest Manxman ever to lap the TT Mountain Course, was recently named the Island’s sporting ambassador of the year at the Isle of Man Bank Sports Awards. The Manx Telecom logo will appear on Conor’s Tyco Suzuki team leathers for the first time this weekend (April 6 - 9) when he competes at Brands Hatch in the superstock category at the MCE Insurance British Superbikes meeting. The Manx Telecom logo will also appear on Conor’s team cap in all of the races he competes in for Tyco Suzuki, including the TT.

Commenting on his sponsorship deal with Manx Telecom, Conor said:

“I’m thrilled to bits to link up with Manx Telecom - a local lad being sponsored by a local company is a perfect combination. I’m really chuffed with the sponsorship deal and I hope that I can repay Manx Telecom’s commitment with some good results this year.”

Conor has received widespread praise for his courageous and inspiring comeback to racing since a horrific crash at the 2010 TT. Amazingly he was back racing at the start of the 2011 season and competed in last year’s TT. He has spent the winter training hard and now says he is fitter than ever. He added:

“I’ve been training heavily in the gym, I’ve put a lot of hours in and I’m probably in better shape now than I was before the crash.”

Conor’s training regime also includes mountain biking and he likes to take part in races for fun and for fitness. As part of the personal sponsorship deal, Conor will wear an exclusive Manx Telecom jersey when he competes in cycle races this year - events which he expects to include the Microgaming Longest Day, Longest Ride 24hour mountain bike race on June 16/17 and the Sleepwell Hotels End To End Challenge on September 9.

David Smith, Manx Telecom Marketing Director, commented:

“We’re delighted to be supporting Conor who is a great ambassador not just for his sport but for the Isle of Man too. As we have the fastest phones on the fastest network, we feel that we’re the ideal sponsor for the fastest Manxman on two wheels! We’re very proud that Conor has agreed to carry the Manx Telecom logo when he races this year and wish him every success for the season ahead.”

As well as supporting the Ramsey Rocket, the Island’s leading telecoms company is continuing its sponsorship of the Manx Telecom Post TT Races. This year will be third year in succession Manx Telecom has sponsored the event which will take place on June 9. As well as financial support for the event Manx Telecom is also providing free broadband services to the race HQ and race office buildings and online text messaging.

08-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Website Find Reply