Farquhar ‘excited’ by year ahead
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farquhar ‘excited’ by year ahead
[Image: ryanflogo77.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar is optimistic of a successful year for his KMR Kawasaki team after making a winning start to 2012 over the Easter weekend.
Farquhar won both Supertwin races at Bishopscourt on Saturday, when fellow KMR riders Jamie Hamilton and Conor Parkhill joined him on the rostrum.

And although Farquhar decided not to compete in the tricky conditions at Kirkistown on Easter Monday to eliminate the risk of picking up an injury prior to the commencement of the road racing season, Hamilton kept the KMR flag flying high with a double in the Supertwin class.

The Ulster road racing heavyweight is in buoyant mood as he prepares for this weekend’s Ian Watson Spring Cup meeting at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough.

“The weekend was more about getting time on the bikes for all of us and although the weather wasn’t the greatest, I’m very satisfied with the outcome,” he said.

“There’s a bit more work to be done on the Supertwin bike but, overall, it was working very well and to notch up another one-two-three in the class was superb.

“Jamie has a deal with a different tyre manufacturer so we tried various things all weekend and it was definitely an improvement each time he went out, so we’re getting there,”
he added.

Hamilton, an ex-British Junior Superstock 600 champion, also rode the KMR ZX-10R Superstock machine, twice finishing 11th and securing a 12th place at Bishopscourt before climbing the leaderboard at Kirkistown, taking fifth in the feature Mayor’s Trophy event.

“It was a similar story with the big bike and Jamie steadily improved his results, getting a fifth place in the Mayor’s Trophy on Easter Monday,” said Farquhar.

“I was also very happy with Conor’s performance and he’s proving to be an excellent acquisition for the team and he’s got a good future ahead of him.

“There’s a lot of big races coming up over the next couple of months, not least the international road races, so rather than risk anything I sat out of Monday’s races as conditions weren’t the greatest. It’s a good way to start the season and with everything looking good, I’m very excited about the year ahead.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM by Malcolm.)
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Website Find Reply