Manx MCN article
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Manx MCN article
I hope the MCN article doesn't have any truth in it. As somebody who has classic bikes, i don't think a solely classic event will work. It seems as though they don't want the true amateurs any more. So they want TT lads to ride classic i presume. A few questions come to mind
1 Where are these bikes coming from, modern built reps i guess.
2 There isn't enough TT riders who would want to ride the manx to make it a specticle. so they would need us to make up the grids.
3 If that is the case, why would amateurs want to go, to spend a load of money, to not even get a rep. Also the qualifying times would go up, knocking out the lads at the bottom. There is also hints that the event would be shorter.So is that less practice etc, but ours costs are still the same, ferries etc. This year will be the last Manx as we know it i fear
29-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Find Reply
an old man returns Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Manx MCN article
the worry is the unknown............if the rumour is true and a classic TT is on the cards, I too wonder if its the right way to go.

mgp not broke it needs promoting
I was there many times a few years ago, returned in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. SUPPORT THE MGP
29-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(29-04-2012, 06:17 PM)shipleymanx Wrote: I hope the MCN article doesn't have any truth in it. As somebody who has classic bikes, i don't think a solely classic event will work. It seems as though they don't want the true amateurs any more. So they want TT lads to ride classic i presume. A few questions come to mind
2 There isn't enough TT riders who would want to ride the manx to make it a specticle. so they would need us to make up the grids.
3 If that is the case, why would amateurs want to go, to spend a load of money, to not even get a rep. Also the qualifying times would go up, knocking out the lads at the bottom. There is also hints that the event would be shorter.So is that less practice etc, but ours costs are still the same, ferries etc. This year will be the last Manx as we know it i fear

Not being an MCN reader perhaps you would like to put us in the picture as to what the article says ?

ammo

30-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
(30-04-2012, 11:48 AM)ammo Wrote:
(29-04-2012, 06:17 PM)shipleymanx Wrote: I hope the MCN article doesn't have any truth in it. As somebody who has classic bikes, i don't think a solely classic event will work. It seems as though they don't want the true amateurs any more. So they want TT lads to ride classic i presume. A few questions come to mind

Not being an MCN reader perhaps you would like to put us in the picture as to what the article says ?

ammo

Without using word for word they interviewed somebody from the IOM government, who said that he couldn't understand anybody who wouldn't want the manx revamped. The main basis was to turn in it to a shorter event based around classics. He then intermated that it was a waste to use the TT course for amateurs. He likened it to preparing Old trafford for Huddesfield to play on. He could see the draw if TT riders rode classics, they could market that. may be so but when there is no grid to back it up, who wants to see 10 bikes going round.
30-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
(30-04-2012, 01:44 PM)shipleymanx Wrote:
(30-04-2012, 11:48 AM)ammo Wrote:

ammo

Without using word for word they interviewed somebody from the IOM government, who said that he couldn't understand anybody who wouldn't want the manx revamped. The main basis was to turn in it to a shorter event based around classics. He then intermated that it was a waste to use the TT course for amateurs. He likened it to preparing Old trafford for Huddesfield to play on. He could see the draw if TT riders rode classics, they could market that. may be so but when there is no grid to back it up, who wants to see 10 bikes going round.

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like theyre totally intent on f***ing it up between the lot of them. ConfusedConfused

ammo

01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Find Reply