TT - 2062
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
TT - 2062
I was bored - sorry Icon_lol

The 2062 Isle of Man TT races. I can just see it now. No more rain, no more fog, and a balmy 25 degrees centigrade all day and all night, due to the climate control.
In this year's races, as we have seen for the last thirty years or so we have the 4 main classes for the two day November festival. The Ultra Lightweight class for the tiddler 3 volt machines, the Lightweight class for the smaller Grand Prix type 6 volt bikes, the Supersport machines, running at a heady 9 volts and the Premier Superbike class, the amazing 500 kilogram 12 volt machines.
The Harold Coppock and Paul Bird Foundation [how cryptic is that?] Senior race on the Friday afternoon was to be called off after a course inspection by John McGuinness the Third, Steve Plater the Third and Richard [Milky] Quayle the Third. This was after several Manx youths were seen spitting onto the tarmac, thereby severely limiting road adhesion, at the bottom of Bray Hill, outside the Creg ny Baa Towerblock and most importantly opposite the Colin [F.C.] Moore Memorial Building and statue in Parliament Square, Ramsey. After consultation with several of the top riders and a milk float manufacturer representative, the decision was taken to race, albeit 8 hours late. The race was shortened to just a single lap, due to failing lights.
In the winner's enclosure a jubilant Viggo Watts [42] of Battersea said that although he was still in shock, he'd like to thank all his mechanics, his current personal sponsors and of course his bike, the Tessler Torchy 2062, after it charged through the field from fifth and dead last on the grid to win in an amazing 16 minutes. Watts' celebrations were not demeaned at all by the fact he was the only finisher, the other 4 riders becoming static early in the race. Roll on 2063!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
21-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: TT - 2062
You're a cynical sod Ade, but I like it and I just wonder how much of it will turnout to be fact !!!!

FC Moore Memorial - shape of a paint can no doubt !!!!!

Malcolm.

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Website Find Reply
pykey08 Offline

Threads: 5
there is life in him yet
21-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Icon_lol
22-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
pykey08 Offline

Threads: 5
i didnt know there was a colin moore memorial it wasnt on the manx wireless?
22-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(21-06-2012, 08:16 AM)ade! Wrote: I was bored - sorry Icon_lol

The 2062 Isle of Man TT races. I can just see it now. No more rain, no more fog, and a balmy 25 degrees centigrade all day and all night, due to the climate control.
In this year's races, as we have seen for the last thirty years or so we have the 4 main classes for the two day November festival. The Ultra Lightweight class for the tiddler 3 volt machines, the Lightweight class for the smaller Grand Prix type 6 volt bikes, the Supersport machines, running at a heady 9 volts and the Premier Superbike class, the amazing 500 kilogram 12 volt machines.
The Harold Coppock and Paul Bird Foundation [how cryptic is that?] Senior race on the Friday afternoon was to be called off after a course inspection by John McGuinness the Third, Steve Plater the Third and Richard [Milky] Quayle the Third. This was after several Manx youths were seen spitting onto the tarmac, thereby severely limiting road adhesion, at the bottom of Bray Hill, outside the Creg ny Baa Towerblock and most importantly opposite the Colin [F.C.] Moore Memorial Building and statue in Parliament Square, Ramsey. After consultation with several of the top riders and a milk float manufacturer representative, the decision was taken to race, albeit 8 hours late. The race was shortened to just a single lap, due to failing lights.
In the winner's enclosure a jubilant Viggo Watts [42] of Battersea said that although he was still in shock, he'd like to thank all his mechanics, his current personal sponsors and of course his bike, the Tessler Torchy 2062, after it charged through the field from fifth and dead last on the grid to win in an amazing 16 minutes. Watts' celebrations were not demeaned at all by the fact he was the only finisher, the other 4 riders becoming static early in the race. Roll on 2063!

How much will "platinum" hospitality cost in 2062, and what will be the perks ?

23-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

for those who found the harold coppock/paul bird bit a bit too cryptic: both chicken farmers - BATTERY HENS [and both good sponsors]
pykey, this is in the future, somehow i don't think me or you will see 2062 somehow. i'd like to, but -
ade!
23-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I like this look into the future but you miss out the fact that there is no Steam Packet, having priced themeselves off the planet in 2029 and now fans from all round the world and on the moon watch all sport on holographTV....

We all lie in bed all the time with fluid drips feeding us, sex is by thought and we have a large screen in the centre of the circular snooze box which shows the item in 3D and is so detailed that you can feel the rain !! The machines race but do not have riders, each being controlled by selected descendants of TT participants of the past using eye movements..

However there are still demonstration laps by radio controlled cars which take up most of the programme.

The TT is now over two days, first day is practice and the second day is the racing.

Yet the last statistical count of viewers actually totalled

567,896,876,213,975,098 which is slightly down on 2061.

and each viewer had to purchase a three paged programme which now costs DM 654 each (£564.908 in old money)

Germany now rules what used to be Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, Antarctica........................and Australia !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012, 04:28 PM by ian huntly.)
23-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

god bless all the peeps that died fighting for us, but having been to germany i sometimes wish we'd lost. the place is spotlessly clean, there's no gypo camps, there's no beggars on the streets and derby aint full of eastern european immigrants. if this isn't pc, tuff. we won't need the steam racket in 2062, we'll be using teleportation :-) beam me over douglas. mind you, the way we're heading, in 2062 people will be that fat from eating kentuckys and mc'donalds you'd probably only get 6 people on a ferry - but at least if it turned over, it would never sink.
ade!
24-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Find Reply