BRITTEN 1993
Anonymous
Unregistered

BRITTEN 1993
Ten years since the Britten came to the TT ??

19-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BRITTEN 1993
The website is worth a look.
<A HREF="http://www.britten.co.nz">http://www.britten.co.nz</A>

19-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not only britten.co.nz but if you go on any major search engines such as "Overture" etc there are dozens of sites dedicated to the Britten...

There is a special site for school kids which has added the Britten story to New Zealand history--

I was very impressed at how John is remembered in awe and with much love....

Thanks to my New Zealand pal, Les Robertson, I have the "original" tape of the Britten Story in my collection and have just been showing it at our local motorcycle club meet over the Christmas period..
The audience, ALL racing sports fans, had NOT heard of the Britten but were SO impressed that we ran the tape through again! THey are now logging into all the sites, avidly seeking more info about the fabulous machine............

There some in musuems round the world but I can not see any British museum having one--
Correct me please ?

19-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BRITTENS IN MUSEUMS
My sincere thanks to my NZ pal who flashed me the answer to my request

There are 10 Brittens in museums

3 in New Zealand
1 in Italy
1 in South Africa
and
5 in the U.s of A

Thanks again
20-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everybody since a while,re the BRITTEN I was privelaged to see this machine raced in anger a few times, the NW200 & the TT, but the most impressive was the 1994 DAYTONA 200 when ridden by Andrew Stroud. It was so fast it made everything else look as if they were going backwards, the Yanks got so worried that it was going to smash the circuit lap record during the battle of the twins race that they altered the course the night before the race without telling anybody by adding some straw bales to add a couple of slow chicanes, there was no way they could allow a home made bike take the lap record from Harley Davidson !!.It was one of the most impressive machines I ever saw raced, on par with the works 750 Yamahas of Kenny Roberts,Dale Singleton,Graeme Crosby etc in the 1981 Daytona race when they were reaching speeds of 195 mph on the banking with skimpy tyres ans steel frames etc
The late Mark Farmer of course lost his life on one unfortunatly during TT practice in 1994.

20-01-2003, 11:45 PM