IOM Residents
Anonymous
Unregistered

IOM Residents
A thought occured to me as i was sat having my dinner today,,i got thinking about the TT and the IOM and i just wondered how many of the people who use this board actually live in the IOM...hands up please!
21-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: IOM Residents
My hand is up! I live in Port St. Mary.
21-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont live on the IOM but when they ran the Joey tribute lap it was estimated at least 6000 bikers that day were Manx residents riding m/cyles so i asume a lot use this board? mind you a lot of fans dont post on any of the sites they just read the goings on.
21-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a Manxman and very proud of it.I've never lived anywhere else because the Isle of Man is my home, my country.I don't want to live anywhere else.

I use the board.Where are you Bod? Stand up and be counted.
21-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome back Barry!!!
22-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Evening folks,

I also live on the Isle of Man (just up the road from The Quarterbridge) and like my good mate Barry, I'm as 'Manx as the Hills Yessir' and also am very proud of the fact too.

kind regards

BodTheCap
22-01-2003, 03:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

..and so you should be, lads. I'm Scots and proud of it...and proud to be a Celtic cousin to the Manx and Irish.
22-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it must be a real source of pride to be Manx! very special.
Can't some of us be honoraries? ;-)

Its a shame, but the only thing you are not allowed to be proud of these days is English!
Not P.C!

By the way, does anyone here remember a Charlie Kellie? Used to drink in the Raven and the Sulby Glen (amongst others!) Well, HE lives near me in Staines and uses the same local. I have asked him about the Island many times and he just says it took him years to get off! His wife (his 2nd) would love to visit the Island byt he wont take her! Rotten s**
Mike
23-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ooops!
Of course that should have been Charlie Kelly!
My daughters first name is Kellie!

Mike
23-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing wrong with being English...some of my best friends (heehee). No, what annoys me is when people become English (rather than British), when they win something, and they are Scottish or Welsh....that's the media for you.
Shakespeare was nearly as great as Burns, you know... Thomas Telford was an equal to James Watt.. Stephen Hislop would never say he is better than Hailwood.....
23-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

PC or not Mike, I'm proud to be English, even though I live in Wales.

John
23-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now there is a funny coincidence!
I live with a lovely Welsh lady form
the Valleys. Fellow biker and TT convert!!
But, not sure about one of my christmas presents.
She bought me a blinkin watch with a dragon on the face and CYMRU on the strap!!!
Oh well, good job I luv er.

Mike Vickers(MV)
24-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

SNAP, my wife is Welsh, used to own her own bike and used to come over to the TT with me, till the kids got in the way, She's going over to the S100 dance with me in feb as well.Must be something about Welsh women..!!

John
24-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey John are you going to the Southern 100 dinner?
Will finally get around to meeting you then. Look forward to it. I haven't been to the Southern "do" since 1992!
24-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have we got a surprise for you !!!!!! hee hee
24-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Surprise? Oh change of plan. I'm NOT going all of a sudden!
24-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will be there Barry, It will be nice to put a face to the name, and have a few drinks of course.

See you there,

John
24-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heyy....enough squabbling...back in line Wood, and you, shorty, stop causing trouble...see you both at the do!
24-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

"a few drinks"? Hmmm...how many is few? Remember Barry missed the Loughshinney...some catching up to be done. I'll bring a few Dark Islands.
24-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is different about the people who live on the Isle of Man then? I know the sheep have four horns and the cats have no tails, so is there any idosyncracies the people have that we outsiders need to be aware of? Must say I have often wondered what they get up to between TTs.
26-01-2003, 02:51 AM