MGP Viewing
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
MGP Viewing
Hi, I have a few questions which someone will hopefully be able to answer?
Will the main grandstand be free to view from again for the MGP (as it was two years ago)?
Are the "Country" grandstands which were erected for the TT still there and will they be free?
Is there room to park cars at the Gooseneck?
Any answers would be appreciated.
08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
RE: MGP Viewing
Sorry, I can't really be of much help, but I don't think the 'Country Grandstands are still there.

09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Yes, information is extremely sketchy with regards to what is still in place and what is not, and in particular the seating/access arrangements for the MGP at the Grandstand. I have not been able to glean anything over and above what is already known generally.

Malcolm

10-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Website Find Reply
Manx Badger Offline

Threads: 10
Hi Arzed, can't help you with the Grandstands I'm afraid. I know that the 'country' ones were taken down after TT but I have no idea if they are going back up again. I suspect not? The main Grandstand was free for practice last year, but I'm sure you have to pay in race week.

The Gooseneck - one of my favourite spots. There is room to park, but not very much. On the left hand side as the riders exit the bend, there is a little back road (the Hibernia road) which leads to the Ramsey-Laxey coast road. About 80/100 yards down that track from the Gooseneck bend itself, there is a field on the left where you can park (just before a cattle grid), but it is VERY steep and a nightmare after rain.

With the car, I really wouldn't recommend trying to park in there unless it is pretty dry (about 3 years ago I had to wait for the farmer to tow me out). If the field looks dodgy, then the next best plan is to carry on a little way down the back road, there is a plantation on the left and the track widens a little, you can park tight into the side and still leave enough room for folks to get past. There are some places where you can turn around, so if you approach from the mountain road and want to go back that way, you can do (and obviously vice-versa if you're coming from the coast road).

I've tried to attach a Google image to this post (hopefully it will work) - showing a red 'x' where the entrance to the field is. If you get there early (usually practice week about 5.45pm, race days I'm not sure) you can also park just to the left of the 'x' on the small strip of tarmac.

Hope that helps.
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2012, 11:52 PM by Manx Badger.)
16-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
Really appreciate the input - couldn't be more help for the Gooseneck Badger - many thanks
17-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Find Reply