Rossi completes Misano test, Hayden recovery on schedule
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi completes Misano test, Hayden recovery on schedule
[Image: ducatimedialogo.jpg]

Valentino Rossi today finished a two-day test at Misano, completing an intense period of work along with the Ducati Team technicians.

The Italian turned 80 laps while working with the chassis updates that he had first tried during the post-race test at Mugello on July 15. Among the updates were a new frame and a new swingarm, which will be available in time for the next race, at Misano.

Meanwhile, Nicky Hayden checked in from the United States, reporting that his recovery is proceeding according to plan for an anticipated return at the San Marino Grand Prix.

Valentino Rossi

“We carried out a series of tests with the chassis, and the results were interesting, though they still have to be checked against the other riders. We also worked on the bike’s setup, with the goal of trying to limit the drop in performance that we usually suffer after some laps, as the tyres wear. We had some promising signs there as well, and we’ll check them again in a race context.”

Nicky Hayden

“It was pretty tough to be home while my rivals were racing, and testing is also something that I hated missing, as we had some parts that we could possibly use this year. Everything else is good news though. Bones don’t heal in ten days, but the swelling is down in my hand, and the feeling is much better with both that and my head. Everything’s right on schedule, and I’m really looking forward to getting back on the bike.”

Filippo Preziosi

“Over these two days with Valentino, we focused on chassis testing. Based on the feedback he provided, we’ll bring a new frame and a new swingarm to the next race. In the meantime, the Corse department will continue working according to the development plan that was established following the June test at Aragon. Over the remainder of the season, the Test Team and the factory riders will have the opportunity to try further chassis evolutions, which are currently being produced.”

30-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Website Find Reply