MCE BSB arrives at Assen!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MCE BSB arrives at Assen!
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship was presented to media at the TT Circuit Assen today (Thursday) as defending champion Tommy Hill, Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell visited the circuit and completed laps ahead of the first round of the Showdown in September.

The trio were able to test on the legendary circuit, with confirmed Title Fighters Hill and Brookes and Bridewell returning to the circuit having previously raced at the Dutch track earlier in their careers. The historic event at the circuit marks the championship's first visit to mainland Europe and kicks off the Showdown for the 2012 title.

Hill said:

"It is great to come over to Assen; it is a fantastic circuit and being the first round of the Showdown means it will be a big round for us. Going from Cadwell Park there is obviously such a difference. It was nice to open the Swan Yamaha up again; we had a technical problem this afternoon but even still we had done some laps and we have left Assen comfortable and happy. I raced in 2009 at Assen and I still couldn't remember the layout so I did a few laps a bit steady but today has given us a good idea of set up and gearing patterns."

Brookes said:

"I am excited about coming back to Assen; I raced here a few years ago in WSB and it's a beautiful track. It's refreshing to do be here. It took some laps to get back into it but my memory of the track came back quick. The Tyco Suzuki isn't performing as we have been used to, I wasn't happy at Cadwell Park with the setting so we have been looking at that again here. It has been great to be back on the bike, especially here."

Bridewell added:

"It has been quite an eye opener coming here and it really is an amazing circuit. It is going to provide fantastic racing and getting out on track has been brilliant. I raced here in European Superstock in 2009 but it took me some laps to remember where I was going. I think now we will be able to come out and run the pace we need to straight away in free practice; it should be a good track for the BMW and I can't wait to get here for the Showdown."

02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Website Find Reply